Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FYourProblems
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Build quality

I've had my 4 for about a month now. I've noticed that when I lightly press on the bottom of the phone near the screws it gives a little and makes a popping noise. Not a big deal but a little disheartening for an expensive piece of tech.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Default Re: Build quality

Quote Originally Posted by skotx View Post
    I've had my 4 for about a month now. I've noticed that when I lightly press on the bottom of the phone near the screws it gives a little and makes a popping noise. Not a big deal but a little disheartening for an expensive piece of tech.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Not really and it might be its loosly screwed and u puyting pressure scraps against the screw and it makes a noise? Just guessing

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mine does this as well. Nothing to serious I would assume but if it leads to something serious Google with replace it I'm sure.

My phone "pops" sometimes, is this what you're talking about? I'd be navigating it and sometimes very very quietly it would make a popping noise. Doesn't happen always but regularly I hear it.

I don't think it's a problem? Build quality on this phone is great otherwise, and I learned to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    My phone "pops" sometimes, is this what you're talking about? I'd be navigating it and sometimes very very quietly it would make a popping noise. Doesn't happen always but regularly I hear it.

I don't think it's a problem? Build quality on this phone is great otherwise, and I learned to ignore it.
    No it mine doesn't randomly pop, only when pressure is applied to the bottom by the charging port does it creak alittle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    No it mine doesn't randomly pop, only when pressure is applied to the bottom by the charging port does it creak alittle.
    Mine creaks when pressure is applied between the left screw and the charging port. It kinda pushes in and makes that creaking sound plastic makes when it bends. It's fine with me tho a little bit of give lets parts bend instead of break in the event of a drop

Sent from my Nexus 4

I had it too.. it only makes noise when you apply pressure.
    it stopped after i applied a bit extra pressure. I applied this pressure all around that area.
    I no longer get the noise now.

well i guess it a notification to stop applying pressure. :-)

Damn this phone is smart. It even rattles to let you know to calm down on the shaking.
    hodan likes this.