Nexus 4 December 4th 4-5 weeks order (Very late) UK

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Google nexus 4 on the 4th of December and I was quoted a delivery time of 4-5 weeks, which ended on 7th January.
My order changed to pre-order back on 6th December

As of 10/01/2013 they still have not even taken the money out off my account which shows that they are still some way from even shipping my order

I have called and emailed Google on several occasions and all they can tell me about my order is a generic response of just wait till the end of the week.

I don't what to do, can anyone provide any help or some further information.

I am from UK Essex.

The reason I have started another thread is because all the threads for December 4th orders seem to be very quite and have hardly anyone responding sorry, maybe because everyone has had there issues resolved or have had here nexus 4 delivered.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
they quoted a delivery time of 4-5 weeks. by the end of 4th week or beginning of 5th week you will have your phone.
they said 2-3 weeks for me and they shipped end of 2nd week got it mid third week.

you have to be patient

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
they quoted a delivery time of 4-5 weeks. by the end of 4th week or beginning of 5th week you will have your phone.
they said 2-3 weeks for me and they shipped end of 2nd week got it mid third week.

you have to be patient

The thing is its already the end of the 5th week and I still have no update if it was the end of the 4th week I would ave never said anything. Its almost been 6 weeks yet no shipping update nor has the money been taken from the account which shows they are actually processing the order.

What do i do =(

Sakis Kalogirou

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
hey man, i ordered mine on 4th of december google receive my order on 6th and still nothing. My sister contact google in the telephone provided and they told her that there was a possibility to be shipped on 8th of december, but it didn't and also that maximum date to recieve my nexus 4 will be 22nd of december.

Am very dissapointed about this statement but unfortunatley i can't do anything but wait...

Kaiser King

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue and the 22nd!!!!!! WOW, I am shocked! Google has really done a horrible job and I am regretting my order every day, if i'd gone to carphone warehouse I would have had it 2 months ago. :mad: But I guess there is nothing I could do now.

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am from London.

My First order was lost by TNT (was ordered on 4th Dec with 1-2 weeks delivery time)
Now waiting for the second order (was ordered on 5th Dec with 5-6 weeks delivery time)
I am now in my 6th week keeping finger crossed

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand what is the point of having a Google helpline/ customer support when all they provide is the same information you have in your email, what purpose does the Google helpline/customer service serve ?

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
With New Year just passed, i wouldnt be surprised if LG's production stopped for holidays in which could affect your Nexus 4 order delivery time

I don't care why give us a quote of 4-5 weeks if you cant even deliver that late, that's just pathetic excuse.
Some people received there delivery in 2 days yet they where quoted 6-7 weeks, what the hell, there is no excuse for such terrible service.
it's now over 6 weeks for me and other this is disgusting service its a bloody phone not a custom made item.
Apple service is much better, should have just gone for the iPhone 5, only ?200 more,better specs and no horrific delivery time

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had called them yesterday (13th Jan) to enquire about my 5h Dec order.
I mentioned that there are only now 3 days left for 5-6 weeks delivery period they had given me.
They told me that there are no devices in stock right now and I will be "one of the first ones" to receive one (absolute crap)
If I dont get it by then, I will get the refund of delivery charges.

I mentioned to them that they have already lost my first order and cannot take chances with the second one.
So the summary is "The Long Wait continues...."

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't care why give us a quote of 4-5 weeks if you cant even deliver that late, that's just pathetic excuse.
Some people received there delivery in 2 days yet they where quoted 6-7 weeks, what the hell, there is no excuse for such terrible service.
it's now over 6 weeks for me and other this is disgusting service its a bloody phone not a custom made item.
Apple service is much better, should have just gone for the iPhone 5, only ?200 more,better specs and no horrific delivery time

Cant agree more with u regarding Google distribution service, its a complete mess. The only excuse i could think of is that they totally underestimated the popularity of the Nexus 4 with orders keep pouring in and overloaded the systems in which possibly messed up the orders. Hving said that, once the phone get delivered to u, u pretty much forget all the troubles and waiting u went through (at least in my case n a few friends). Hope u get ur Nexus 4 soon.

ivrimon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Cant agree more with u regarding Google distribution service, its a complete mess. The only excuse i could think of is that they totally underestimated the popularity of the Nexus 4 with orders keep pouring in and overloaded the systems in which possibly messed up the orders. Hving said that, once the phone get delivered to u, u pretty much forget all the troubles and waiting u went through (at least in my case n a few friends). Hope u get ur Nexus 4 soon.

I'm hoping it's worth the wait! They definitely screwed up the ordering but if they know they're going to miss their shipping estimate and email update would have been nice! My first order didn't go through so they have until Thursday before mine should arrive though I doubt it will come by then. I've had Android since the original Samsung Galaxy (not S) but if I don't get the Nexus 4 soon I might just give up and get an iPhone. Hopefully, my patience will last long enough (or another Android phone I want comes along)!

sam59

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine took 5 weeks after order. I nagged by email but don't know if it made any difference.
Then it's faulty so now I'm in a long queue to get a replacement. I may abort as it's a great phone but not the final word in wonderfulness either.

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine took 5 weeks after order. I nagged by email but don't know if it made any difference.
Then it's faulty so now I'm in a long queue to get a replacement. I may abort as it's a great phone but not the final word in wonderfulness either.

How long did Google Support said you have to wait for the replacement device? Mine they said 4-5 working days but actually took about 7-8 days. I emailed them on the 6th day and waited till the the 8th's afternoon to call them and the guy said that my device will be shipped later that night and it did so i received the replacement device the next morning. I felt as if Google will move your priority further up the list if you actually call them and ask.