- 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM #26
- 1,358 Posts
Re: Hairline scratches on the rear
As for the pocket thing, I didn't mean to suggest that your pocket is a dangerous place for a smartphone. What I meant (and you nodded to) was the possibility of putting stress on the phone by accident through your own movements. Catching the phone between your thigh and hip when sitting down when it's in your front pocket, for example, would stress the middle of the phone. Same thing with having the phone in your back pocket and squatting down, which could also try to bend the phone depending on its position in your pocket.
A phone like the S2 (or S3) with a plastic back would not suffer much from these actions, but a phone with a glass back (like the iPhone 4/4s and the Nexus 4) would naturally be more susceptible to such stress fractures. It sucks that you caught an unlucky break. I suppose my post (and the one before) is meant as a warning to people that you can't treat the N4 like plastic-bodied smartphones, and expect it to remain pristine. Some may call that a flaw or defect, but I simply call it an incentive to be careful with my phone.
- By JarodL in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 4Last Post: 11-19-2012, 03:01 PM
- By Shadyx in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 9Last Post: 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
- By Kenworthy28 in forum Droid RAZR MReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
- By TheOpusFuller in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2011, 09:13 PM
- By Gunnyman in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 12Last Post: 03-31-2011, 07:35 PM