Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Easiest Way to Sync Outlook Calendar with Phone

Hey Guys,

For some reason my email syncs without issue but my calendar wont. On my iphone i could just plug it into itunes and it would sync the calendar. Is there an easy way to do this with android?

Thanks!

Default Re: Easiest Way to Sync Outlook Calendar with Phone

You have to go into the calendar app settings (stock or otherwise). Then select "calendars to display," in there you should see your exchange account (among others if you have any associated with any apps or your Google account).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply

I have already done that but still nothing shows up on my calendar

Quote Originally Posted by hawgs911 View Post
    Thanks for the reply

I have already done that but still nothing shows up on my calendar
    On the bottom of the "calendars to display" dialog screen there is a button that says "calendars to sync." Have you checked there to make sure all the relevant calendars are selected?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think Outlook sync will work unless you are connecting to an Exchange server. Unlike the iPhone, you cannot simply connect to a local copy of Outlook running on your PC.

If this is your situation, this might be a good time to move your calendar over to your Gmail account...

[edit]

PS: What version of Windows or MacOS are you running on your PC?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

I use the google calendar sync app on my PC that is running Outlook, works fine.
    kmcochran likes this.

Assuming you are not using Exchange?

I also use the free Google Calendar Sync, which has now been discontinued, but works pretty well. Google Sync is a different product and is still available to set up for new devices until January 30, 2013, when it becomes available only to paid Google App users.

I have heard good things about GSyncIt, which is not free, but does offer a free trial and seems to have good support, from what I've heard.

If your email is hotmail or outlook.com, you can set that up as an Exchange account on your phone and your hotmail/outlook.com calendar will sync. You can then set up your local Outlook (on your PC) as the client for retrieving hotmail/outlook.com email, calendar and contacts, and set your local Outlook to display your hotmail/outlook.com calendar. It's cumbersome but should work. If you search the Microsoft website, it gives setup instructions.

I found My Phone Explorer while looking for a way to sync Outlook contacts with my phone. It has an option to sync the calendar. I've never tried syncing the calendar, but the contact sync works great. Here's the page. I use Chrome and let Google translate the German web page for me. The software itself has a decent English menu. FJ Software Development
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kgjulie View Post
    Assuming you are not using Exchange?

I also use the free Google Calendar Sync, which has now been discontinued, but works pretty well. Google Sync is a different product and is still available to set up for new devices until January 30, 2013, when it becomes available only to paid Google App users.

I have heard good things about GSyncIt, which is not free, but does offer a free trial and seems to have good support, from what I've heard.

If your email is hotmail or outlook.com, you can set that up as an Exchange account on your phone and your hotmail/outlook.com calendar will sync. You can then set up your local Outlook (on your PC) as the client for retrieving hotmail/outlook.com email, calendar and contacts, and set your local Outlook to display your hotmail/outlook.com calendar. It's cumbersome but should work. If you search the Microsoft website, it gives setup instructions.
    Thanks for all the help. I am using exchange. This is actually my work (corporate) email that I am trying to sync. Someone on another forum pointed me towards a program called android-sync which appears to be working well (trial version). It syncs using a USB which is better than nothing. But it also costs $30

Android-Sync | Sync Android with Outlook via USB

I also use Google Calendar Sync and it's worked fine but I'm a bit concerned that it will suddenly stop working one day if not supported any more. The only other option is to add the web link for my Google calendars to Outlook but I'll only be able to view them.

Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

I am thoroughly confused. If you are connecting to an Exchange server, you should not be required to sync over USB at all - this should all happen over the air.

Can you describe your setup for us?

Do you have your Exchange email account setup on the Nexus 4? And, if so, is it setup properly as an Exchange account? If yes, open the Email app and tap menu -> Settings. Tap your Exchange account and make certain "Sync Calendar" is checked. Now, open the Calendar app, tap menu -> Settings, tap your Exchange account entry, and make sure the box is checked indicating that the calendar will be synced. If your Exchange account is not in the list, tap "Add Account" at the top right.

My calendar updates to match my work calendar within moments of any changes made - "over the air" and totally automatically.
    Kamin likes this.

Global Posts
    3,284 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I spent a lot of time on this issue last year. I tried to use the Google sync program but it didn't always work. Plus I also wanted to have my contacts and tasks sync automatically. I found this program that works amazing and is all wireless. Go to www.companionlink.com

You install it on your desktop and it syncs everything from Outlook to your Google account then to your phone. Plus it works the other way, so if you add a calendar entry on your phone it will show up in outlook automatically. No plugs needed.

It costs $40 but it is well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Google Calendar Sync via the Cloud works seamlessly. MyPhoneExplorer also works over USB, bluetooth or Wifi

I have a corporate Exchange account, and I use Google Calendar Sync, since I only want to sync calendars and not everything. You need to grab it quickly because at the end of January it is going to be discontinued for non Google Apps users. Once you have it downloaded, in options make sure you select "2 Way", and give it an interval to sync.

As long as your work pc is online, calendars will continue to sync in the background.

Once you set it up like this, you don't get an extra calendar; all events are syncd to your main calendar on the account that you set up in the program.
    badbrad17 likes this.

Hi,
    I've seen all your posts and hope that just maybe....you can help me figure out what's happened with my use of MyPhoneExplorer. I've been using it with Outlook 2010 and my old Droid Charge for a few years and was quite happy.

Then I got a new Samsung Galaxy s4 running jellly bean 2.2. I reinstalled the app, the desktop recognized it immediately, and I sent everything one way from my desktop to the phone. On the phone I use Business Calendar, which MPE recommends. I only sync my calendar (for 5 years), and my tasks.

Ever since I got the new phone, reinstalled MPE and Business Calendar Pro, MPE insists upon deleting most of my appointments from my calendar. I have it set to syc from 7 days before to 180 days after - but it destroys appointments on the phone from 2011.

I gather you have a relatively new phone and pad and I was wondering if you'd had trouble. Or, if you have any idea what I may have set wrong. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclejim View Post
    I use the google calendar sync app on my PC that is running Outlook, works fine.
    This.
    I use it on mine and it works flawlessly.

My Samsung Galaxy S3 does not show the option to select what calendars to sync!! Just my luck! Probably in a different part of settings.

Google calendar sync passes Outlook data to Google which syncs with your phone automatically. I use Outlook for business and gmail for personal activities. This method of syncing to Adroid requires mixing of my business and personal calendars. I don't like it. I found this app in Google Play: Outlook Calendar Transfer . It uses a USB cable to transfer my Outlook Calendar directly to my phone. It only costs $2 and works great. I came to this forum for a solution. I guess I share my solution with you.
    Thanked by 2:
    RahulVPathare likes this.

I have found a new plugin for outlook - Outlook4gmail, which supports synchronization of contacts and calendars from Outlook to Google and then with any Android devices. Find product page here : Outlook4Gmail - Easy Contacts and Calendars Synchronization | Scand

The app appears to be in very nacent stage with Oct'2013 launch, looks interesting & priced reasonably (free version available)... will check out,
    Thanks Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Truffer View Post
    Outlook Calendar Transfer [/URL]. It uses a USB cable to transfer my Outlook Calendar directly to my phone. It only costs $2 and works great. I came to this forum for a solution. I guess I share my solution with you.

Transfer calendars between Outlook and Google Calendar - Outlook - Office.com

Microsoft tells you how to do and it was easy for me to do. It does not update but if you are new to Android like I am it tells you step by step how to get your calendar into your device from outlook.

I just upgraded from a Samsung S2 to S4. I do not use google calendar, nor do I use the cloud etc.
    I use outlook 2007 for email at home and sync using My Phone Explorer and loved it!! Now, since upgrading phones, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to sync My Phone explorer one way to my new phone. Any ideas would be welcomed!!!
    When I connect my new phone it asks me what I want to call it but once I've done that it won't show what I have for contacts etc in my phone explorer...Please help!! Thanks in advance!!!

Global Posts
    1,472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Or you could just get the Microsoft Outlook app and put it on your phone.
    7cf26b0d

That day has come:

Important Announcement about Google Calendar Sync
    Almost two years ago, we announced that we ended support for Google Calendar Sync. Starting on August 1, 2014, this app will no longer sync events between your Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Damien MacDougall View Post
    That day has come:
    Thanks for the update. I'm hoping you or someone else can clarify what exactly is affected. I have MSFT's Exchange Online service. So will the stock Calendar app on my N4 continue to sync with the Exchange server in the cloud?

"Microsoft Outlook Calendar" makes me think that only non-Exchange users would be affected. In other words, is Outlook syncing directly with Google Calendar without an Exchange server as an intermediary? Maybe I'm being too optimistic in my reading.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast