Avoid at&t store for everything if possible

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
So I had to get a new sim to use the nexus 4 since I had a nano Sim. I told them just need the Sim and when he added new Sim to my account data did not work because I was on LTE data plan. He said I needed to change my imei to get the data to work I said OK and told him that do not touch my unlimited data. So after I leave noticed that data was slow so I called at&t CS and they told me I was on pay per use data. The CS couldn't add it back and had to escalate to someone higher and have to wait a week to find out if I can get it back.

Anyone have their data plan removed and able to get unlimited back?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

otakuguy77

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
A while back i went through the same thing with AT&T and a different phone. I spoke to the CS rep on the phone and they were able to switch me back to my old plan.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing i didnt have any problems. i went to Att store to get the sim and they added the sim to my account.

later after a week i got the phone and all i had to do was call them and they activated it. i had to give them imei id though.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
OP I have a nano sim in my Nexus 4 with an adapter. All you needed was to add an apn in order to get your data working. People at these retail stores have no clue what they are doing. The problem now is that you are going to have your unlimited data cap reduced to 3gb instead of the 5gb cap you get with LTE.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
OP I have a nano sim in my Nexus 4 with an adapter. All you needed was to add an apn in order to get your data working. People at these retail stores have no clue what they are doing. The problem now is that you are going to have your unlimited data cap reduced to 3gb instead of the 5gb cap you get with LTE.

I did order a sim adapter but nexus was sitting in the box and I couldn't wait.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I went from a GS3 to a Nexus 4 with an LTE sim card with no problems whatsoever. In your case I understand that a nano sim won't fit, but the idea that you have to change your plan from an LTE plan to a regular smartphone hspa+ plan just isn't true. You just need to find the correct APN settings in order to get it to work. Good luck in getting your unlimited data back.

pugnuttt

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
When I got mine I took it to t-mobile the next day because my previous phone had a regular sim card in it. They took the phone and my old sim card transferred the info to the micro sim card, popped it in, made sure the phone was working properly and away I went. NO PROBLEMS.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I called the rep that did my Sim swap and told him what happen and he said he will fix it and call me back. Five mins later he called and said he fixed it and I ask him how because at&t cs couldn't do it and had to report to higher ups to look it over and he said he had a back door and he talked to customer care. So for it looks like I got the unlimited back. Also I got a SMS from at&t confirming that my data plan changed to unlimited.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So I had to get a new sim to use the nexus 4 since I had a nano Sim. I told them just need the Sim and when he added new Sim to my account data did not work because I was on LTE data plan. He said I needed to change my imei to get the data to work I said OK and told him that do not touch my unlimited data. So after I leave noticed that data was slow so I called at&t CS and they told me I was on pay per use data. The CS couldn't add it back and had to escalate to someone higher and have to wait a week to find out if I can get it back.

Anyone have their data plan removed and able to get unlimited back?

That's happen to me.. I was SUPER pissed. Took ATT cs 2 weeks to get it back.. I was fuming... They told me it'd be hard since its not even in the system...

I almost. ALMOST switched to vzw. I threatened moving all 3 of my lines and refusing to pay cancelation fees...

I qas sweating bullets
Unlim is the only reason I'm on ATT

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1