Like Tree11Likes
  • 7 Post By Hubertsng
  • 2 Post By gone down south
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By DeadpoolJunior
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Missed Out on Google's Nexus 4 Batches? No Problem...

I thought i would share this experience to those unlucky people who want a Nexus 4 but somehow missed on both batches from Google.

Here is what you should do. Find a person (your close friends, relatives, etc.) who own a Nexus 4 that purchased DIRECTLY from Google. Ask them to give Google Support a call and make up an issue (e.g. yellow screen, battery problem, blah blah blah...). Google will agree to send you a replacement device (you are STILL PAYING for the replacement device IF you dont return the device you told them you are having issue with). AND THE GOOD NEWS is, you will only have to wait approximately 4-10 working days to get your hand on the Nexus 4 device.

Gud Luck

Default Re: Missed Out on Google's Nexus 4 Batches? No Problem...

Quote Originally Posted by minhbt View Post
    I thought i would share this experience to those unlucky people who want a Nexus 4 but somehow missed on both batches from Google.

Here is what you should do. Find a person (your close friends, relatives, etc.) who own a Nexus 4 that purchased DIRECTLY from Google. Ask them to give Google Support a call and make up an issue (e.g. yellow screen, battery problem, blah blah blah...). Google will agree to send you a replacement device (you are STILL PAYING for the replacement device IF you dont return the device you told them you are having issue with). AND THE GOOD NEWS is, you will only have to wait approximately 4-10 working days to get your hand on the Nexus 4 device.

Gud Luck
    Or You can stop scamming people that actually ordered it and are still waiting for it and not be selfish.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Or You can stop scamming people that actually ordered it and are still waiting for it and not be selfish.
    That would not work for people who missed both the batches and im sorry, no offense to those people who ordered and still waiting for the device but im just sharing my experience with people who missed the batches and trying to get one.

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Or you could not cheat the system and leave the replacement Nexus 4s for those who are having problems.

And I highly doubt you can order a replacement without turning in your original device, even if you do pay for it. What you're telling us about is not a replacement, that's them selling you a new one outside of the Play Store.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well im just sharing my experience who actually had an issue with my Nexus 4 (the thread with the Sim Tray)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Or you could not cheat the system and leave the replacement Nexus 4s for those who are having problems.

And I highly doubt you can order a replacement without turning in your original device, even if you do pay for it. What you're telling us about is not a replacement, that's them selling you a new one outside of the Play Store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post

I ordered a replacement device and all they said was that "if we do not recieve your original device in 21 days, your account will be charged" or something along those lines. Eh, I don't know. Plus I don't think you will have a warranty on the device? Who knows.

Well im just sharing my experience who actually had an issue with my Nexus 4 (the thread with the Sim Tray)...
    Haha your funny. You are sharing your experience with those with issues? That is exactly why you said "I thought i would share this experience to those unlucky people who want a Nexus 4 but somehow missed on both batches from Google.

Here is what you should do. Find a person (your close friends, relatives, etc.) who own a Nexus 4 that purchased DIRECTLY from Google. Ask them to give Google Support a call and make up an issue (e.g. yellow screen, battery problem, blah blah blah...). Google will agree to send you a replacement device (you are STILL PAYING for the replacement device IF you dont return the device you told them you are having issue with). AND THE GOOD NEWS is, you will only have to wait approximately 4-10 working days to get your hand on the Nexus 4 device."
    If you are going to lie, edit your post first...

Ingenious.
    Lanhoj and bobjohnson201 like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well to clear out, i did not lie in my case but as it's a glitch in Google's system and people can order the phone if they missed the batches and dont know when it will become available again so i thought i would share it out

There's a whole lot of stupid in this thread.

Well to clear out, i did not lie in my case but as it's a glitch in Google's system and people can order the phone if they missed the batches and dont know when it will become available again so i thought i would share it out
    ha.. don't worry. people are trying to be ethical!!! I still wont try to cheat the system but its good to know.
    minhbt likes this.

Yeah I think your intentions are good. Trust me, I wouldn't be surprised if ppl are trying what posted right now. Its just a "ethics" thing and ppl have a honor code around these parts. It is gaming the system a bit, but what can you do? I know this works because this is what Asurion did with me when my phone's screen broke. If I didn't send them back by defective N4 within 10 days I think, they would've charged my account the 350 PLUS the 130 I already paid for the deductible. If folks really want the N4 that bad and are willing to pay 400+ for it, I don't see why not. You could actually just head over to Tmobile and pay that price for it unlocked anyway. You just walk in and order it and they'll send it to you.
    badbrad17 likes this.