T Mobile N4 Question

fixed_99

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

First question from me...been reading for a long time, finally decided to join - thanks for all the valuable info you have all shared.

Could a person buy the GN4 at T-Mobile ($200 with 2 year contract, plus $50 for not getting the rebate) then immediately ETF ($200 + maybe? some taxes), and then go to Simple Mobile or Straight Talk and have the phone work, i.e., would it be unlocked?

Thanks!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
They will probably bill you for the remaining amount of the nexus. They sell it for 499.99

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

First question from me...been reading for a long time, finally decided to join - thanks for all the valuable info you have all shared.

Could a person buy the GN4 at T-Mobile ($200 with 2 year contract, plus $50 for not getting the rebate) then immediately ETF ($200 + maybe? some taxes), and then go to Simple Mobile or Straight Talk and have the phone work, i.e., would it be unlocked?

Thanks!

You can't 'immediately' ETF. If you cancel within 15 days you'll need to return the phone, box, etc, or be responsible for the balance of their full retail price of the phone. If you wait until after their 15 day return period ends, then you can pay the ETF and leave owning the phone (provided you sign up under a "Classic" plan rather than a "Value" plan, wherein the latter gets you the phone at a more heavily discounted upfront price with additional cost divided up monthly over a fixed period of time). Bear in mind that at that point, you'll still be responsible for paying for the service plan for the time used, and they likely require 30 days notice for cancellation, meaning you'll be responsible for that period of billing as well.

I can't speak for whether the phones are locked to T-mobile's network though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463