Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Original 2.3.4

Default Roaming wifi network connectivity issue with Nexus 4. Help requested

I have a weird problem. i recently moved into 3 floor townhouse and noticed a weird issue with my Nexus 4. I created roaming wifi network consisting of Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 Revision F router with wifi enabled and apple airport express n version. I have created same ssid on both actiontec and airport express with same password. Actiontec is on channel 11 and airport express is on channel 5. Problem i'm having is that my nexus 4 refuses to transfer from one access point to another one. I have few areas where actiontec is pretty much dead on terms of coverage but airport express is fine and has very good signal. I also have a laptop that seems to transfer fine. Did i misconfigure something on my nexus 4 or on my roaming wifi network setup? trying to figure this out and can't

any help is appreciated

Alex

Default Re: Roaming wifi network connectivity issue with Nexus 4. Help requested

I think trying to run two WiFi routers with the same SSID is a no-no...

Depending on your situation, you might be better off with one router and a range extender, like these: range extender - Best Buy
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Original 2.3.4

Default Re: Roaming wifi network connectivity issue with Nexus 4. Help requested

i'm following roaming network guide which actually says to create same ssid and password. Wi-Fi base stations: Setting up and configuring a roaming network (802.11 a/b/g/n)