JB 4.2.2 for Nexus 4 Live- Factory Image+OTA link posted

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jelly bean 4.2.2 for Nexus 4 coming soon

I haven't come across any bug so far but people are reporting bluetooth connectivity issues and random reboot..

O.k, because i didnt have any bugs as well.
But ye, hope they will fix bugs that other people have.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

What kind of bugs do you have and wait it to be fixed?

Me, personally, I just want the battery issues to be fixed. I want to see at least SOME improvement in this area before I just root it.

Also, maybe fix the camera a bit. The fact that some of the images come out grainy, and some folks say its an issue with the ISO or whatever that means (im not an expert in cameras, but ppl have said its software related).

Other than that, surprise me Google.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Me, personally, I just want the battery issues to be fixed. I want to see at least SOME improvement in this area before I just root it.

Also, maybe fix the camera a bit. The fact that some of the images come out grainy, and some folks say its an issue with the ISO or whatever that means (im not an expert in cameras, but ppl have said its software related).

Other than that, surprise me Google.

Like i said, it is possible that the update will improve the battery life and i hope it will but i'm not sure about it.

wisenfeld

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

The Bluetooth on mine is sketchy ,unrealiable, hope there is a fix for that otherwise love this thing

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

there is a big problem with wakelocks keeping the phone awake when it should be in deep sleep. this is well documented on XDA and google has acknowledged it in their groups pages. qualcomm released a patch for their chips and google is currently working on a fix for it.

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

I would love less grain pics, better macro shots, and a little better battery life. I don't know how many of the camera issues are the sensor and how many are caused by the software though. Being able to control the ISO would be nice too but i doubt that will happen.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

there is a big problem with wakelocks keeping the phone awake when it should be in deep sleep. this is well documented on XDA and google has acknowledged it in their groups pages. qualcomm released a patch for their chips and google is currently working on a fix for it.

Yes, this is the most serious IMO. Most of these wakelocks have to do with mediaserver and related processes that put the phone in some sort of infinite loop of file scanning. You can do stuff to limit it, but you shouldn't have to!!! If you do a simple search for mediaserver and battery life, you get all sorts of results with pretty much every phone running jelly bean. So it isn't just the N4 with these issues. Many S3 users have the same bit going on.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I hated the battery until I rooted and swapped kernels. I average 18 now, and that's all off wifi.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

on screen time?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, this is the most serious IMO. Most of these wakelocks have to do with mediaserver and related processes that put the phone in some sort of infinite loop of file scanning. You can do stuff to limit it, but you shouldn't have to!!! If you do a simple search for mediaserver and battery life, you get all sorts of results with pretty much every phone running jelly bean. So it isn't just the N4 with these issues. Many S3 users have the same bit going on.

i have noticed this too on my battery stats

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

can you post the link? because i think my wifi(and phone) is ON and it use to go to sleep on my Nexus S.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Why do you people insist on believing every random unsubstantiated rumor you read???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

I have no wake locks and my battery goes about 16 hours easy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca