Nexus 4 panorama shot problems (rendering the panorama, specifically)

monkeyolsen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so I've been having this problem recently where after taking a panorama shot, the screen goes straight back to "camera" mode instead of rendering the panorama. It just skips the step entirely.
Sometimes, if I stop taking the panorama shot in the middle, it will render fine, other times it won't.

I'm not really sure how else to describe it, but if anyone has a fix or has encountered a similar issue, I'd appreciate your input =)

Also, I don't know if it's worth sending it in for replacement, as it's still under warranty.
I haven't rooted the device or tampered with it otherwise. It is in perfect condition, and I have never dropped it.

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide in advance ^^

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this issue but with play around today and see what comes of it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
are you holding the phone panoramic (on its side) or standard? I think for pan or photosphere it needs to be held standard.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed with the photosphere camera that it does that, but renders in the background. Take a shot and then when it goes back to the camera, pull down the notification bar and it should say 'rendering panarama' and a progress bar.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers