Screen Problems

WeNeedCupCakes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was texting my friend and when I tried to turn on the phone, it went grey/black and faded out. When I tried again the screen had Avery minor flashing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think if u have a proximity sensor blocked during texting, then the screen will turn off and you will call him. Wont turn on again because ur calling

Sent from my Nexus 4

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen that, but I also don't know what Avery minor is. Reboot the phone and hopefully you wont see it again. Might have just been one of your apps in a weird state. It happens. You can't live on the bleeding edge of technology and not expect to get cut from time to time.

WeNeedCupCakes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies now that I know it shouldn't be serious. I was just worried because I thought the phone blew up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

pauladev

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I am aware that some phones deliberately blank the screen when held to the ear to avoid touching the screen buttons by mistake, but my Nexus 4 blanks the screen completely and even when shaken after removing from the ear, it resolutely remains blank, and I am unable to terminate the call except by long pressure on the off button to reboot the device.
I would like to know whether this is a defect with my phone or whether I am unaware of how to get back to the phone screen to stop the call.
Anyone else experienced this?

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am aware that some phones deliberately blank the screen when held to the ear to avoid touching the screen buttons by mistake, but my Nexus 4 blanks the screen completely and even when shaken after removing from the ear, it resolutely remains blank, and I am unable to terminate the call except by long pressure on the off button to reboot the device.
I would like to know whether this is a defect with my phone or whether I am unaware of how to get back to the phone screen to stop the call.
Anyone else experienced this?

Are you using a screen protector? If you are make sure it has a cut out around the proximity sensor. Even though the screen protector is clear, it will cause the proximity sensor to tell the phone that you still have it up to your ear.

If you don't have a screen protector that is causing that, than it does sound like your sensor is defective. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar