1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Problems

I was texting my friend and when I tried to turn on the phone, it went grey/black and faded out. When I tried again the screen had Avery minor flashing. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Screen Problems

I think if u have a proximity sensor blocked during texting, then the screen will turn off and you will call him. Wont turn on again because ur calling

Sent from my Nexus 4

I've never seen that, but I also don't know what Avery minor is. Reboot the phone and hopefully you wont see it again. Might have just been one of your apps in a weird state. It happens. You can't live on the bleeding edge of technology and not expect to get cut from time to time.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

a very minor is what he meant to type.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the replies now that I know it shouldn't be serious. I was just worried because I thought the phone blew up.

Happen to me. My phone was super hot too. Charging in my car. I freaked out -.-

PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

I am aware that some phones deliberately blank the screen when held to the ear to avoid touching the screen buttons by mistake, but my Nexus 4 blanks the screen completely and even when shaken after removing from the ear, it resolutely remains blank, and I am unable to terminate the call except by long pressure on the off button to reboot the device.
    I would like to know whether this is a defect with my phone or whether I am unaware of how to get back to the phone screen to stop the call.
    Anyone else experienced this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I think if u have a proximity sensor blocked during texting, then the screen will turn off and you will call him. Wont turn on again because ur calling

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Where is the proximity sensor and how can it be unblocked?

Quote Originally Posted by pauladev View Post
    I am aware that some phones deliberately blank the screen when held to the ear to avoid touching the screen buttons by mistake, but my Nexus 4 blanks the screen completely and even when shaken after removing from the ear, it resolutely remains blank, and I am unable to terminate the call except by long pressure on the off button to reboot the device.
    I would like to know whether this is a defect with my phone or whether I am unaware of how to get back to the phone screen to stop the call.
    Anyone else experienced this?
    Are you using a screen protector? If you are make sure it has a cut out around the proximity sensor. Even though the screen protector is clear, it will cause the proximity sensor to tell the phone that you still have it up to your ear.

If you don't have a screen protector that is causing that, than it does sound like your sensor is defective.