Paint your ionic hard plastic section.
I painted the hard plastic section of my ionoic case for my Nexus 4.
Get spray can of paint made for plastic's. Wash the hard plastic section with detergent and water. Thoroughly dry with a clean towel. Hang from a thin wire. Read the directions on the can. I had to do two coats to get complete coverage and to avoid runs / drips.
My clothes dryer has a wire rack shoe shelf. After the paint has dried to touch. Set the case on the rack and dry 3-4 times on longest / hottest setting.
If you get finger print impressions in the paint after about ten minutes of holding, then it needs more dry time. Allow the case to sit until finger prints go away, then you can dry 2 more times.
I'm not responsible for any thing you mess up! Do at your own risk.
The Practical BBQ'r !
- 01-12-2013, 08:45 PM #2
Re: Paint your ionic hard plastic section.
The paint made for plastic has solvents which attach to the plastic. These aren't water based paints, the critical step is cleaning the case so it's free of any oil's or other residue. The very best paints for plastic are acrylic auto paints! I've painted plastic with them and smacked them hard and there was no chipping. The paint I used on this was a spray can of rust oleum which also stayed it could be used on plastic too. * has to be hard plastic not rubbery. Best are ABS and HIPS, Poly's aren't recommended for painting.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by mawil1013; 01-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.The Practical BBQ'r !
- 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM #4
- By potatochipXL in forum Verizon LG Spectrum 2Replies: 15Last Post: 08-15-2013, 11:30 AM
- By techgeek32 in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 14Last Post: 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM
- By jw#ac in forum HTC HeroReplies: 9Last Post: 07-23-2012, 04:28 AM
- By brandonx1000 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 6Last Post: 04-21-2012, 08:56 AM
- By nikeairs23 in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G TouchReplies: 12Last Post: 10-01-2011, 12:34 AM