GrooveIP vs SipDroid w/PBXes.org for VOIP

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you have tried SipDroid w/PBXex.org? I've been running GrooveIP for about a month now, and it seems to be sporadic in its performance. Sometimes it's great, other times it's mediocre at best, though it works pretty good more often than not. I've used it on both wifi as well as tmobile's cell network (trying all kinds of different settings) and it can be good or bad on either one. I was hoping to find someone that has used the SipDroid setup. If so, how did it do?

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had GrooveIP and it is laggy and choppy at best.

I just bought a year subscription for unlimited calls to the US and Canada from Skype for only $30/year.
Couple that with my $30/month unlimited text and web with T-Mobile, and I'm killing it with about $35 per month for unlimited everything including taxes.

Go Nexus 4!

squirrelproductions

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Can you speak to the call quality on wifi vs mobile/HSPA+? I've been using the Vonage mobile app, but there are too many times that I encounter lag (either can't hear caller or caller can't hear me). I tried GrooveIP but my experience was even more variable and unreliable.

Kaenon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you speak to the call quality on wifi vs mobile/HSPA+? I've been using the Vonage mobile app, but there are too many times that I encounter lag (either can't hear caller or caller can't hear me). I tried GrooveIP but my experience was even more variable and unreliable.

Groove IP on WiFi and mobile/HSPA are still hit or miss depending on location. I thought WiFi calling would be improved dramatically on GrooveIP but it didn't.

Skype on WiFi however, was great! My mom was saying how much better it sounded and now it'll be much easier for her us to talk now, lol.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the alternative option suggestions, like Vonage and Skype, but I'm specifically interested in hearing from anyone that has used SipDroid w/PBXex.org.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
From my bit of searching it seems people find voip.ms to be better quality than pbxes. I just signed up for voip.ms, and I am using the CSipSimple app. I haven't used it enough to judge or recommend yet, but it sounds good so far.

rybgood

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had GrooveIP and it is laggy and choppy at best.

I just bought a year subscription for unlimited calls to the US and Canada from Skype for only $30/year.
Couple that with my $30/month unlimited text and web with T-Mobile, and I'm killing it with about $35 per month for unlimited everything including taxes.

Go Nexus 4!

Can you make your Skype calls using your t mobile data connection or only via wifi? This seems like a drawback if tethered.

awidiarto

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
i am using nexus 4 and installed the SipDroid. Once it is installed, you can choose to connect the PBXes with your google voice account, which i did. Surprisingly, calling quality is very...very...very good. I am able to call overseas with this setup on WIFI and it sounds really good. I believe it is free since i did not hear "this call will cost you $.10 per minute" which i normally hear with everytime i am calling overseas from my computer using google voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech