Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jeremydc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Saving Help

I guess it's another one of those threads haha.

So after bloating my N4 with apps and everything, I'm beginning to realize that I'm losing more and more screen time. By no means am I unsatisfied with it, but I would love to be able to lengthen my battery life.

So can anyone against post some of the small things they've done in order to get more screen time?

Also, is it worth getting a battery saving app (as in do they work?) And if they do, what is the consensus for some of the best ones that won't hurt my N4?

Finally, I've heard the Franco kernel really increases battery life. In y'all's opinion, should I wait for 4.2.2 to solve these problems or go ahead and root my N4?

Default Re: Battery Saving Help

If you want better on screen time, I don't know if any apps can really help with that. Kernels can but I doubt any app will make a serious change. There are a lot of apps that help your idle time. But they all do it by disabling data then enabling it again to get all your notifications. For me, I didn't see much help with it. It would also stop your phone of it was streaming or downloading an app. Some people swear by them though. Another useful app might be an auto wife enabler. It will turn on and off your wife whenever you are near an open wife spot. It will also disable it if you aren't close to one. Pretty good for when you leave your house with it on or forget to turn it on when you enter. Besides that my battery life is fine for what I use it for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    If you want better on screen time, I don't know if any apps can really help with that. Kernels can but I doubt any app will make a serious change. There are a lot of apps that help your idle time. But they all do it by disabling data then enabling it again to get all your notifications. For me, I didn't see much help with it. It would also stop your phone of it was streaming or downloading an app. Some people swear by them though. Another useful app might be an auto wife enabler. It will turn on and off your wife whenever you are near an open wife spot. It will also disable it if you aren't close to one. Pretty good for when you leave your house with it on or forget to turn it on when you enter. Besides that my battery life is fine for what I use it for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Bahaha. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I have gone off appsn my nexus 4 too.i get a good 4 or more hours out of it Ann's it is awesome. Keep in mind the screen is only taking up 40% or less of the actual battery. There is an option within data i think where yuppy can turn it off when the phone is also which is a huge battery saver

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Bahaha. Love it.

am i missing something? what was funny about that?

Wife spot
    Thanked by 2:
    mazzmoney95 and AbuYazeedUK like this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

am i missing something? what was funny about that?
    read the type o for wifi. Lol. Best autocorrect ever.

Last edited by badbrad17; 01-15-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Another useful app might be an auto wife enabler.
    that would be really handy when you get caught with your girlfriend hit the switch and enable your wife so people think your're not cheating lol
    Thanked by: