Battery Saving Help

gunster

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's another one of those threads haha.

So after bloating my N4 with apps and everything, I'm beginning to realize that I'm losing more and more screen time. By no means am I unsatisfied with it, but I would love to be able to lengthen my battery life.

So can anyone against post some of the small things they've done in order to get more screen time?

Also, is it worth getting a battery saving app (as in do they work?) And if they do, what is the consensus for some of the best ones that won't hurt my N4?

Finally, I've heard the Franco kernel really increases battery life. In y'all's opinion, should I wait for 4.2.2 to solve these problems or go ahead and root my N4?

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If you want better on screen time, I don't know if any apps can really help with that. Kernels can but I doubt any app will make a serious change. There are a lot of apps that help your idle time. But they all do it by disabling data then enabling it again to get all your notifications. For me, I didn't see much help with it. It would also stop your phone of it was streaming or downloading an app. Some people swear by them though. Another useful app might be an auto wife enabler. It will turn on and off your wife whenever you are near an open wife spot. It will also disable it if you aren't close to one. Pretty good for when you leave your house with it on or forget to turn it on when you enter. Besides that my battery life is fine for what I use it for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want better on screen time, I don't know if any apps can really help with that. Kernels can but I doubt any app will make a serious change. There are a lot of apps that help your idle time. But they all do it by disabling data then enabling it again to get all your notifications. For me, I didn't see much help with it. It would also stop your phone of it was streaming or downloading an app. Some people swear by them though. Another useful app might be an auto wife enabler. It will turn on and off your wife whenever you are near an open wife spot. It will also disable it if you aren't close to one. Pretty good for when you leave your house with it on or forget to turn it on when you enter. Besides that my battery life is fine for what I use it for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Bahaha. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have gone off appsn my nexus 4 too.i get a good 4 or more hours out of it Ann's it is awesome. Keep in mind the screen is only taking up 40% or less of the actual battery. There is an option within data i think where yuppy can turn it off when the phone is also which is a huge battery saver

Sent from my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2