4G/4G lte AT&T network

jwalter007

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I originally had an infuse which only worked on H+ network for AT&T
I recently noticed that AT&T had billboards in my area for 4Glte. I called ATT to find out how to make my phone connect & they said it did not support it. Coupled with the fact that that model was 2 gen back on Android OS I decided to upgrade. I asked the rep if N4 would support the 4G network now available & they said yes but my data plan would need to be changed within AT&Ts system. No additional costs.
Now I have the N4 & it still doesnt connect to 4G. They said that they made the change but still no 4G.
I can't get a straight answer on what speed I should be using.
I have read that this unit is not 4GLTE. So if AT&T has 4GLTE does that mean that I should be receiving 4G on this phone or not necessarily beacuase its not LTE?
thanks for any help in understanding this.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The N4 will only have HSPA+ on ATT's network. It has been discovered that the N4 does in fact have a LTE radio, but it will only work on LTE band 4 which to my knowledge is only currently used in Canada and Mexico. T-Mobile's LTE is going to be Band 4, though. So you could switch to their network if/when they roll out LTE in your area. Otherwise, no LTE for you. In the age of the internet, google, etc. I highly suggest you search and get solid information for yourself rather than trusting a customer service rep. The N4 is marketed as not having LTE so I'm almost surprised they could mess that up for you.

Also, before T-Mobile and ATT had LTE technology they were (and still are obviously) marketing their HSPA+ network as "4G." So, to them you do have a 4G device, just not LTE.

jwalter007

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for explain that. I had checked out the phone before purchase & knew it was not LTE, but I thought for speed sake it went 3G, H+, 4G then 4GLTE. And if you had the latest version you also had all previous versions, but it looks like they skipped 4G & went from H+ to 4G LTE.
I love the phone regardless Jelly bean is awesome :)

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for explain that. I had checked out the phone before purchase & knew it was not LTE, but I thought for speed sake it went 3G, H+, 4G then 4GLTE. And if you had the latest version you also had all previous versions, but it looks like they skipped 4G & went from H+ to 4G LTE.
I love the phone regardless Jelly bean is awesome :)

H+ is 4G
Hspa+ is H+

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want max H+ speed, I would switch away from ATT to TMO if I were you (of course, some exceptions may apply depending on location).

jwalter007

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Tmobile is the option I have been looking at here. A friend has it with really fast speed. i think he said 3M d/l. I'm gonna wait out a contract before I switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes