1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4G/4G lte AT&T network

I originally had an infuse which only worked on H+ network for AT&T
    I recently noticed that AT&T had billboards in my area for 4Glte. I called ATT to find out how to make my phone connect & they said it did not support it. Coupled with the fact that that model was 2 gen back on Android OS I decided to upgrade. I asked the rep if N4 would support the 4G network now available & they said yes but my data plan would need to be changed within AT&Ts system. No additional costs.
    Now I have the N4 & it still doesnt connect to 4G. They said that they made the change but still no 4G.
    I can't get a straight answer on what speed I should be using.
    I have read that this unit is not 4GLTE. So if AT&T has 4GLTE does that mean that I should be receiving 4G on this phone or not necessarily beacuase its not LTE?
    thanks for any help in understanding this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Default Re: 4G/4G lte AT&T network

The N4 will only have HSPA+ on ATT's network. It has been discovered that the N4 does in fact have a LTE radio, but it will only work on LTE band 4 which to my knowledge is only currently used in Canada and Mexico. T-Mobile's LTE is going to be Band 4, though. So you could switch to their network if/when they roll out LTE in your area. Otherwise, no LTE for you. In the age of the internet, google, etc. I highly suggest you search and get solid information for yourself rather than trusting a customer service rep. The N4 is marketed as not having LTE so I'm almost surprised they could mess that up for you.

Also, before T-Mobile and ATT had LTE technology they were (and still are obviously) marketing their HSPA+ network as "4G." So, to them you do have a 4G device, just not LTE.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for explain that. I had checked out the phone before purchase & knew it was not LTE, but I thought for speed sake it went 3G, H+, 4G then 4GLTE. And if you had the latest version you also had all previous versions, but it looks like they skipped 4G & went from H+ to 4G LTE.
    I love the phone regardless Jelly bean is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jwalter007 View Post
    Thanks for explain that. I had checked out the phone before purchase & knew it was not LTE, but I thought for speed sake it went 3G, H+, 4G then 4GLTE. And if you had the latest version you also had all previous versions, but it looks like they skipped 4G & went from H+ to 4G LTE.
    I love the phone regardless Jelly bean is awesome
    H+ is 4G
    Hspa+ is H+

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

If you want max H+ speed, I would switch away from ATT to TMO if I were you (of course, some exceptions may apply depending on location).
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Tmobile is the option I have been looking at here. A friend has it with really fast speed. i think he said 3M d/l. I'm gonna wait out a contract before I switch