Problem Pushing Mail

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Another less than stellar problem Im having is email pushing. I have it set for every 15 minutes since I receive a huge amount of work mails every day
and I'm not getting alerts for this, I just opened one of my email accounts to get mails sent 3 hours ago.

I'm also using light flow (if relevant)

Any settings I might have to tweak? any ideas?

Thanx in advance and sorry for all the problem thrown at you guys

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Another less than stellar problem Im having is email pushing. I have it set for every 15 minutes since I receive a huge amount of work mails every day
and I'm not getting alerts for this, I just opened one of my email accounts to get mails sent 3 hours ago.

I'm also using light flow (if relevant)

Any settings I might have to tweak? any ideas?

Thanx in advance and sorry for all the problem thrown at you guys

could be light flow. i had few emails which didnt push notify me a couple of time.
I was testing it by sending email from my friends phone. it started blinking but no notification. I use light flow too.

wx27

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you on wifi when you are having issues with notifications coming in?
I am using Light Flow without any issue from that app.

I have noticed that notifications come in very quickly when just connected to the mobile network, but if I am connected to my wifi router, there seems to be an issue of notification delays when the screen is off/phone is in sleep. Some people with this issue say it's a router firewall issue, though when I set my phone's LAN IP to be in the DMZ, there are still notification delays (5-30 minutes).

This is when using gmail only.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you on wifi when you are having issues with notifications coming in?
I am using Light Flow without any issue from that app.

I have noticed that notifications come in very quickly when just connected to the mobile network, but if I am connected to my wifi router, there seems to be an issue of notification delays when the screen is off/phone is in sleep. Some people with this issue say it's a router firewall issue, though when I set my phone's LAN IP to be in the DMZ, there are still notification delays (5-30 minutes).

This is when using gmail only.

I see this too. It might have something to do with the WiFi optimization setting under the advanced settings. I keep it checked, so I might try unchecking it.

wx27

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I see this too. It might have something to do with the WiFi optimization setting under the advanced settings. I keep it checked, so I might try unchecking it.

Well, I tried unchecking the WiFi optimization box last night and still had a 5 minute notification delay on gmail. My current 2nd-best option right now is to set the device to disconnect from WiFi during sleep so that it falls back to using the mobile network to get timely notifications.

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
My solution was quite succesful, I just quit using the native email app and gmail and downloaded from google play Aqua mail PRO.
Best mail client ever, now my phone gets emails faster than my mac book air...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can offer is that when sitting at my desk at work emails hit my desktop Outlook and my phone within seconds of each other; sometimes the phone gets it first, sometimes the desktop. But never more than a few seconds apart.

I am using the Email app and the account is configured as an Exchange account. Sync option is set to "Automatic (Push)"

I get zero cellular signal here in my office (phone status actually says carrier unknown), so this is over WiFi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20