Google Now giving me the silent treatment

roccom33

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have any ideas on what is wrong? Everything is working fine with the exception of the talk back.

If somebody tells me to check that my media volume is on they will be kicked in the nuts.

Ronald Askin

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem on my Nexus 7. The Voice function still works because I tried turning on the accessibility feature for low vision or blind users. Female voice still works, but Google Now doesn't answer out loud. Just started happening this morning. A couple power cycles haven't had any effect.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing it too, but strangely only on WiFi. Worked fine on 3g.

Working again the next day. Must have been a service issue from google

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have any ideas on what is wrong? Everything is working fine with the exception of the talk back.

If somebody tells me to check that my media volume is on they will be kicked in the nuts.

Lmao. Funniest thread title and opening comment ever.
But I hope you fix it.
You can always try t go to setting->apps. Find Google Now or Google Search, or something, and clean its data. That should rest it.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lmao. Funniest thread title and opening comment ever.
But I hope you fix it.
You can always try t go to setting->apps. Find Google Now or Google Search, or something, and clean its data. That should rest it.

Lol. Yeah, I laughed my ass off. :D

Mine hasn't been working properly for the past week. Today it's not speaking at all. I hope it's just Google servicing it. Nice to know it's not just me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Speaking what? You mean like if you ask it the weather and that lady reads it out to you?

I just did that and mine worked.

Glennblabs

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't now if there is any relation but I just got a Nexus 4 . Its my first Android device . I keep trying to turn Google Now on and I can't . There is no option for on . The screen says Google now is off . How do I turn it on . Also I don't get any option for these so called " cards " . If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it . Just weird that I can't get this . I did have a smart phone before this one . I'll be it Symbian . Anyhow any help would be appreciated .

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Does that mean women will be kicked in the ovaries?

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
For some reason Google Now uses its own volume control for voice feedback and for some odd reason there isn't a way to adjust it in the system settings. Try asking a question and when it would normally be replying verbally hold the volume up button. A volume slider should appear and you should be able to hear the female voice. Just keep holding the volume up button until it reaches your preferred volume.

*If you have already tried this please don't kick me! lol just trying to be helpful*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox