1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS / APN Settings with stock messaging app

Hi everyone - my APN settings have been verified by carrier (T-Mo/not prepaid). I cannot believe that an incoming text message with an MMS image (<2MG) on the stock messaging app is displayed as a slideshow that needs to be opened to be viewed. Two reps have told me that's just the way it is. It doesn't compute. Appears more like an ulterior motive to get me away from my unlimited SMS/MMS feature. I want very much to use the stock app -- but this seems ridiculous. What can I do?

A little off topic, but any rumors when the Nexus 4 bumpers will be back in stock? Thanks for any ideas!

Default Re: MMS / APN Settings with stock messaging app

I don't understand. Do you not see the thumbnails of the pics being sent to you? Do you know T-Mobile has an image data of 1MB? How about email? There's no limit there, especially on an unlimited data plan.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No. The only thumbnail is that of a slideshow in the text (not a picture), with a "play" button in the center of the slideshow widget. I press the play, wait (more than 2 or 3 seconds!), then finally it opens up and I can see the picture. Sorry, typo on the limit of image size included in an MMS text - carrier has confirmed the image limit is 1MB. I am testing these below the 1MB threshold. My dataplan is small (want to avoid email), hence my motivation to get MMS up an running. Thanks!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

That is weird. I'm using the stock messaging app and get MMS tests just fine. I'm using mine on AT&T so not sure if that makes a difference. Was your previous phone with T-Mo and if so did the MMS work with that one?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Worked like a charm on a dumb phone. This is my first smartphone. AT&T is a GSM network like T-Mo, so I can't imagine the carrier would make a difference.