MMS / APN Settings with stock messaging app
Hi everyone - my APN settings have been verified by carrier (T-Mo/not prepaid). I cannot believe that an incoming text message with an MMS image (<2MG) on the stock messaging app is displayed as a slideshow that needs to be opened to be viewed. Two reps have told me that's just the way it is. It doesn't compute. Appears more like an ulterior motive to get me away from my unlimited SMS/MMS feature. I want very much to use the stock app -- but this seems ridiculous. What can I do?
A little off topic, but any rumors when the Nexus 4 bumpers will be back in stock? Thanks for any ideas!
- 01-18-2013, 12:16 AM #2
•°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•
- 332 Posts
Re: MMS / APN Settings with stock messaging app
No. The only thumbnail is that of a slideshow in the text (not a picture), with a "play" button in the center of the slideshow widget. I press the play, wait (more than 2 or 3 seconds!), then finally it opens up and I can see the picture. Sorry, typo on the limit of image size included in an MMS text - carrier has confirmed the image limit is 1MB. I am testing these below the 1MB threshold. My dataplan is small (want to avoid email), hence my motivation to get MMS up an running. Thanks!
- 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM #4
- By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 33Last Post: 06-16-2013, 03:27 AM
- By deconb in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2012, 11:07 AM
- By kylemaguire in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM
- By jopela in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2010, 05:22 PM
- By cmack in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM