Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This seems like a new one, Nexus 4 faded screen and screen flicker after charging

I haven't been able to find much about this problem online. I woke up this morning to an extremely white and faded nexus 4 screen, it also appeared to be flickering on and and off very quickly. As I used the phone over the past 20 minutes it improved greatly but now I'm left with two white lines running down either side of the screen which seem to be fading but extremely slowly (hard to tell).

I'll update after work if there have been any improvements, hopefully with a picture if the problem persists.

Let me know if anyone else out there has had this issue.

Default Re: This seems like a new one, Nexus 4 faded screen and screen flicker after charging

Happen to me too. But after restarting it it went to normal... I left it off for 30 minutes... But my phone was supper hot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Default Re: This seems like a new one, Nexus 4 faded screen and screen flicker after charging

Has this recurred for either of you?

I found this same screen flickering this morning after turning the screen on while charging. The flickering settled down after about 30 minutes, but I'm worried it will become a recurring issue.

Thanks,

Greg

Immediately sounds like a burnt gpu

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    Immediately sounds like a burnt gpu
    Well it fixed itself and hasnt happened again (yet). Well i dont know much about gpu so eh, ill agree with you

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Yup, happened to me about a month to month/half ago. Turned the phone off and then left it off for a bit. Turned it back on and could see the white lines on the black background on power up. Thought I was fcked, but luckily issue went away and screen looks perfect. Haven't had it happen since, so doesn't look like a "recurring" issue to me. But we'll see....

it just started flickering on me too

i was not playing games and it was not running hot

will complain to Google soon

Question Re: This seems like a new one, Nexus 4 faded screen and screen flicker after charging

The same just happened to my Nexus 4. I'm slightly panicked.... I guess I will need to contact customer services. Has this become a recurring problem for the other people who posted?