Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google wallet on Vending Machine

I have been planning to use Google wallet for purchases since i got my Nexus 4 but didn't get a chance yet (either i forget to use it or tap to pay is not supported at those retail shops).

today i say a vending machine which support google wallet at my work place. i tapped and it opened Google wallet but i have no idea how to get what i want and pay for it.

Anyone used it? shed some light please.

Default Re: Google wallet on Vending Machine

Have you set up your Wallet account? Added credit cards, etc?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Have you set up your Wallet account? Added credit cards, etc?

Yes, I have. I did it the first day i got my Nexus 4.

it takes 3-4 minutes to complete behind the scene setup though.

Edit: btw, i know how to use it on stores. I need to know how to use it on vending machine

Check the video on this page: Google Wallet vending on Nexus S hands-on

all I did was tap my Nexus for to the vending machine and then it said credit card accepted I proceeded to select my items and then hit done and then it just charge my card for the balance. It was actually pretty cool
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Check the video on this page: Google Wallet vending on Nexus S hands-on
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    all I did was tap my Nexus for to the vending machine and then it said credit card accepted I proceeded to select my items and then hit done and then it just charge my card for the balance. It was actually pretty cool
    the vending machine on the video is fancy. This one is pretty normal with credit card and nfc pad

here is what i did.

1. I tapped my phone on the pad. Nexus 4 opened google wallet and asked me to enter pin. I entered the pin.

2.Google wallet said tap again to complete transaction.

I tapped again and came up with no transaction status etc. probably i should choose my item between step 1 and 2.

also, there is no GO/Start button on the payment pad. only an end button
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

worked at grocery store. still need to figure out how it works on vending machine before monday. so anyone?

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I also failed while trying to use a vending machine at a hotel.

I tried selecting the item and then tapping my phone, I tried tapping my phone and then making a selection and neither worked. So it is vending machine 1, dan1431 0.

Will try again tomorrow,

Dan

Global Posts
    1,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    I also failed while trying to use a vending machine at a hotel.

I tried selecting the item and then tapping my phone, I tried tapping my phone and then making a selection and neither worked. So it is vending machine 1, dan1431 0.

Will try again tomorrow,

Dan
    I tapped and nothing happened, then I tapped again and it finally worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Apologies for being a bit off-topic but don't want to create a new Thread for one simple question.

Do pre-paid Visas or Mastercards work with Google Wallet?
    I assume I'd have to register the card with my mailing address.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

With regards to pre-paid cards, I have absolutely no idea. I would imagine that as long as the card carried a Visa/Mastercard/Amex logo it would work just fine, but that is just my guess, not fact.

Dan

I would say it works, since I use a prepaid card for all my play store purchases
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Apologies for being a bit off-topic but don't want to create a new Thread for one simple question.

Thanks.

yeah, i guess it will work.

well, i think i lost $1.50 just now trying to purchase from vending machine.

Check out this YouTube video! Works with a MEI NFC/contactless ready credit card reader the CASHFLOW 4-in-1, which is what you see used in the demo on the video.

Modular Hardware

Just set up Google Wallet on my N4 and am looking for some NFC terminals to use it on. Was flying out of El Paso yesterday back to Dallas and the airport shop had the NFC terminals. Unfortunately, I had my Note 2 with me so did not get to try out NFC. Carrying my N4 today so maybe a trip to CVS, Container Store or something like that...
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I tried to use google wallet at a local Petco store. I tapped it and it did some stuff but it never showed it went through on the cashier's end. No idea what went wrong. I turned on phone, opened up google wallet and input my pin (I hear doing it this way expedites the process instead of re-tapping again) and proceed to tap the NFC area. It said something that I don't remember, but it never went through to the Cashier's end.

Is it important to pre-select on the machine whether the card is being charged debit or cc? That was the only thing I did not do. But I don't recall in any of the youtube videos I saw where they had to select debit card or cc.

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    I tried to use google wallet at a local Petco store. I tapped it and it did some stuff but it never showed it went through on the cashier's end. No idea what went wrong. I turned on phone, opened up google wallet and input my pin (I hear doing it this way expedites the process instead of re-tapping again) and proceed to tap the NFC area. It said something that I don't remember, but it never went through to the Cashier's end.

Is it important to pre-select on the machine whether the card is being charged debit or cc? That was the only thing I did not do. But I don't recall in any of the youtube videos I saw where they had to select debit card or cc.
    If you have more than one card on file one will be selected. I do not think you have to select each time unless you want to change the card. Sound like you did it right in opening the app etc before hand. Did you ask them if anyone has paid by phone on that terminal? I think in many cases it is the terminal and not the wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

I tend to open Google wallet prior to doing any transaction and it works for me. Steps:
    Open google wallet
    Tap (Vending machine will say authorizing) then it will say select items
    After I select irems I hit done

I have used GOogle wallet successfully at CVS, Walgreens, Macys, Petco, and vending machines.
    Sometimes it will not work but it has nothing to do with the app or google wallet but the hardware at the stores. Some store do not have it completely set up and when I go to the same stores that I have had success at, I continue to have success.

Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts

Default RE: Google wallet on Vending Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post

Thanks.

if it works the same as credit cards I wouldn't see why not. However I would be careful. Do you know if wallet will deny the purchase if there isn't enough in the card?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Google Wallet seems to fail on at least 50pct of the times I try to use it, and cashiers tell me that's pretty common. T

I've never had a problem using it on Coke vending machine, but have yet to get it to work at the few retailers I've visited, which wasn't the fault of Google Wallet.

CVS: It beeped, message came up to tap again, or ask checkout person if sale went through (it didn't). Manager said he has seen it work at least once before.
    Jack In The Box: Reader was broken
    Walgreens: Mgr told me, all Walgreens have deactivated their readers since they have not installed the needed software to interface between reader, and register. Also the combo nfc, atm readers they purchased are very unreliable and often have to swap them out a few times a month. Says they hope to have them all working sometime this year.

Best to keep your real wallet with you at retailers.

Yep...the only place I have used it is CVS. I have a Container Store and Whole Foods within 2-3 miles of my home and none has the readers installed yet. After doing my 2nd transaction at CVS, I tried to delete the transactions from the app on my phone and could not figure out how to do it. I went to the website for Google wallet and found out there is not a way to delete transactions at this time.

Not sure how I feel about that. I am certainly not the type to keep that kind of stuff on my phone or anywhere and it kind of bugs me that you can't delete the transactions for Google Wallet...
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Just set up Google Wallet on my N4 and am looking for some NFC terminals to use it on. Was flying out of El Paso yesterday back to Dallas and the airport shop had the NFC terminals. Unfortunately, I had my Note 2 with me so did not get to try out NFC. Carrying my N4 today so maybe a trip to CVS, Container Store or something like that...
    The note 2 has NFC also

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Google Wallet seems to fail on at least 50pct of the times I try to use it, and cashiers tell me that's pretty common. T

The only time it fails on me when there's no funds left

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    The note 2 has NFC also

Yes, but you cannot use Google wallet without an complicated hack, at least on ATT. All carriers but sprint have blocked Google wallet because they are all behind ISIS a competing NFC payment system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast