Google wallet on Vending Machine

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been planning to use Google wallet for purchases since i got my Nexus 4 but didn't get a chance yet (either i forget to use it or tap to pay is not supported at those retail shops).

today i say a vending machine which support google wallet at my work place. i tapped and it opened Google wallet but i have no idea how to get what i want and pay for it.

Anyone used it? shed some light please.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you set up your Wallet account? Added credit cards, etc?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes, I have. I did it the first day i got my Nexus 4.

it takes 3-4 minutes to complete behind the scene setup though.

Edit: btw, i know how to use it on stores. I need to know how to use it on vending machine

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
all I did was tap my Nexus for to the vending machine and then it said credit card accepted I proceeded to select my items and then hit done and then it just charge my card for the balance. It was actually pretty cool

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
all I did was tap my Nexus for to the vending machine and then it said credit card accepted I proceeded to select my items and then hit done and then it just charge my card for the balance. It was actually pretty cool
the vending machine on the video is fancy. This one is pretty normal with credit card and nfc pad

here is what i did.

1. I tapped my phone on the pad. Nexus 4 opened google wallet and asked me to enter pin. I entered the pin.

2.Google wallet said tap again to complete transaction.

I tapped again and came up with no transaction status etc. probably i should choose my item between step 1 and 2.

also, there is no GO/Start button on the payment pad. only an end button

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I also failed while trying to use a vending machine at a hotel.

I tried selecting the item and then tapping my phone, I tried tapping my phone and then making a selection and neither worked. So it is vending machine 1, dan1431 0.

Will try again tomorrow,

Dan

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I also failed while trying to use a vending machine at a hotel.

I tried selecting the item and then tapping my phone, I tried tapping my phone and then making a selection and neither worked. So it is vending machine 1, dan1431 0.

Will try again tomorrow,

Dan

I tapped and nothing happened, then I tapped again and it finally worked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Apologies for being a bit off-topic but don't want to create a new Thread for one simple question.

Do pre-paid Visas or Mastercards work with Google Wallet?
I assume I'd have to register the card with my mailing address.

Thanks.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
With regards to pre-paid cards, I have absolutely no idea. I would imagine that as long as the card carried a Visa/Mastercard/Amex logo it would work just fine, but that is just my guess, not fact.

Dan

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Apologies for being a bit off-topic but don't want to create a new Thread for one simple question.

Thanks.

yeah, i guess it will work.

well, i think i lost $1.50 just now trying to purchase from vending machine.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just set up Google Wallet on my N4 and am looking for some NFC terminals to use it on. Was flying out of El Paso yesterday back to Dallas and the airport shop had the NFC terminals. Unfortunately, I had my Note 2 with me so did not get to try out NFC. Carrying my N4 today so maybe a trip to CVS, Container Store or something like that...

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use google wallet at a local Petco store. I tapped it and it did some stuff but it never showed it went through on the cashier's end. No idea what went wrong. I turned on phone, opened up google wallet and input my pin (I hear doing it this way expedites the process instead of re-tapping again) and proceed to tap the NFC area. It said something that I don't remember, but it never went through to the Cashier's end.

Is it important to pre-select on the machine whether the card is being charged debit or cc? That was the only thing I did not do. But I don't recall in any of the youtube videos I saw where they had to select debit card or cc.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use google wallet at a local Petco store. I tapped it and it did some stuff but it never showed it went through on the cashier's end. No idea what went wrong. I turned on phone, opened up google wallet and input my pin (I hear doing it this way expedites the process instead of re-tapping again) and proceed to tap the NFC area. It said something that I don't remember, but it never went through to the Cashier's end.

Is it important to pre-select on the machine whether the card is being charged debit or cc? That was the only thing I did not do. But I don't recall in any of the youtube videos I saw where they had to select debit card or cc.

If you have more than one card on file one will be selected. I do not think you have to select each time unless you want to change the card. Sound like you did it right in opening the app etc before hand. Did you ask them if anyone has paid by phone on that terminal? I think in many cases it is the terminal and not the wallet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I tend to open Google wallet prior to doing any transaction and it works for me. Steps:
Open google wallet
Tap (Vending machine will say authorizing) then it will say select items
After I select irems I hit done

I have used GOogle wallet successfully at CVS, Walgreens, Macys, Petco, and vending machines.
Sometimes it will not work but it has nothing to do with the app or google wallet but the hardware at the stores. Some store do not have it completely set up and when I go to the same stores that I have had success at, I continue to have success.

Hope this helps.

ryker002

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.

if it works the same as credit cards I wouldn't see why not. However I would be careful. Do you know if wallet will deny the purchase if there isn't enough in the card?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Google Wallet seems to fail on at least 50pct of the times I try to use it, and cashiers tell me that's pretty common. T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12