Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By chocolate muffins
  • 2 Post By josegb2011
  • 2 Post By daniel2744
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Nexus 4 story

Two weeks ago I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile, finally ridding myself of slow 3G. I switched with the intention of ordering the Nexus 4 from T-Mobile, the manager of T-Mobile Palm Springs told me they could order it and it would be shipped to my house. I was given a loaner phone while I waited (exhibit 4g), which I hated coming from a galaxy nexus. Well it turns out the Nexus 4 could no longer be ordered since all of the remaining inventory was sent to the T-Mobile retail stores, when i got the news I was pretty pissed off and the fact I had to walk around with a phone running gingerbread with super laggy touchwiz was even worse. I had no choice but to wait for two weeks and yesterday I got the call that my phone had arrived. Patience paid off, I got my Nexus 4 with a discount and free screen protectors. The manager told me that someone offered him $700 for my phone, which I thought was crazy, but I'm happy and have one of only 4 Nexus 4s in the whole coachella valley.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Nexus 4 story-img_20130118_211712.jpg  

Default Re: My Nexus 4 story

wow congratz on your new nexus 4 and welcome to the family.
    The guy who offered that amount of money for your phone must be desperate ..i would have gladly spent it on an LG HDTV from bestbuy hehe..
    codeda and MERCDROID like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks man, the manager told me people have been calling nonstop for the Nexus 4. I love this phone, and currently getting 20 Mbps down...

I'd be pissed too being stuck using GB...haven't used that since a couple phones ago on my Nexus S, brutal!

Glad your waiting paid off!

I've yet to see anyone else with an N4 in SF...and I'm fairly confident there's more than 4 of them here, LoL.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Someone offers me $700 they can take mine. While I like my Nexus, the camera pisses me off.
    United States Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by turb0wned View Post
    While I like my Nexus, the camera pisses me off.
    What part?
    I typically only use the HDR option & find the pictures come out great for an 8megapixel.
    Similar results as I get with my S3 & iPhone 5.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

That's awesome!! I'm glad you got your N4.

I have a crazy story also lol. I have had the N4 since launch day(one of the lucky few) anyways it was only the 8GB model. I made it work but I wanted the 16 GB model so today i read the T-Mobile stores had some. So I called my local store and they had like 3. 15 mins later I got to the store and I basically had to pay $550 plus tax for it. They all taught I was crazy lol. I paid 400 down and just financed the rest. Just 7 bucks more a month is nothing I still pay total like 69$ for unlimited everything. And I already sold my N4 so I basically got my money back.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate muffins View Post
    Two weeks ago I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile, finally ridding myself of slow 3G. I switched with the intention of ordering the Nexus 4 from T-Mobile, the manager of T-Mobile Palm Springs told me they could order it and it would be shipped to my house. I was given a loaner phone while I waited (exhibit 4g), which I hated coming from a galaxy nexus. Well it turns out the Nexus 4 could no longer be ordered since all of the remaining inventory was sent to the T-Mobile retail stores, when i got the news I was pretty pissed off and the fact I had to walk around with a phone running gingerbread with super laggy touchwiz was even worse. I had no choice but to wait for two weeks and yesterday I got the call that my phone had arrived. Patience paid off, I got my Nexus 4 with a discount and free screen protectors. The manager told me that someone offered him $700 for my phone, which I thought was crazy, but I'm happy and have one of only 4 Nexus 4s in the whole coachella valley.
    We're you able to port your number from Sprint to Tmo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

$700? Sheesh - get that guy back on the phone and sell sell sell!

700? what is wrong with that guy dude? I mean sure the phone is scarce and al but 700 is a bit overkill. There are bunch of phones worth 700 that are better, well coming soon anyways.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yes...ported the number easily

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Congrats!

But $700, yikes... I'd sell mine for that and buy a another one haha.

$700 is steep when mobilecity sells it for about $590 ish for 16gb.
    I wish they had it in stores here. Still not seen since 13 of nov.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

My story isn't funny but kind of interesting lol. I wanted a Nexus 4 for a while and luckily my brother ordered a bunch to resell. I told him once I was elligle for an upgrade for ATT I would trade a
    16gb iPhone 5 for a 16gb Nexus 4. He saved it for me and now I'm extremely happy with the Nexus. Android has come a long way since the last time I used it about 2 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    What part?
    I typically only use the HDR option & find the pictures come out great for an 8megapixel.
    Similar results as I get with my S3 & iPhone 5.
    Low light is terrible. HDR comes out good though. I'm just tired of Nexus devices having terrible cameras.
    United States Air Force

The sphere function of the camera is awesome.
    8703/8330/Storm/OG Droid/HTC Inc/Droid X/RAZR/GNEX/RAZR MAXX/GS3/Note 2/MAXX HD/Note 3/Droid MAXX & GPad 8.3 DE Big Red!

ROM
    CM 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by keithdroid View Post
    The sphere function of the camera is awesome.
    Agreed photosphere is pretty sweet, and making tiny planets is equally awesome.

I think the problem with the Nexus 4's low light camera is a software issue that can be fixed in future updates. They just added so much to the camera in the last Android update, but not everything is perfect. It's a process.

Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    Agreed photosphere is pretty sweet, and making tiny planets is equally awesome.

I think the problem with the Nexus 4's low light camera is a software issue that can be fixed in future updates. They just added so much to the camera in the last Android update, but not everything is perfect. It's a process.
    I agree.. Next update is going to be awesome.

I saw a guy on Craigslist selling them for $450. I thought that was steep but I guess it isn't... hearing some of these stories.

Doubt a software update will fix the crap camera. The nexus has always had a crap camera. The optimus g's camera isn't great nether.
    United States Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by jludwig57 View Post
    I saw a guy on Craigslist selling them for $450. I thought that was steep but I guess it isn't... hearing some of these stories.
    450 is pretty average online. Just a little high for the 8GB.

Quote Originally Posted by jludwig57 View Post
    Compared to what many are being sold for that's fairly reasonable (for a 16GB). Especially considering the 16GB models sell for closer to $400 than $349 after taxes and shipping from the Play Store.

U are so right about the camera. I think certain little things like the slow capture and absence of rapid shot do upset me. And no smart dialer. C'mon!!! Other than that I'm happy with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash Dillinger View Post
    U are so right about the camera. I think certain little things like the slow capture and absence of rapid shot do upset me. And no smart dialer. C'mon!!! Other than that I'm happy with it so far.
    Just get another camera app then.

Sent from my Nexus 4