My Nexus 4 story

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Two weeks ago I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile, finally ridding myself of slow 3G. I switched with the intention of ordering the Nexus 4 from T-Mobile, the manager of T-Mobile Palm Springs told me they could order it and it would be shipped to my house. I was given a loaner phone while I waited (exhibit 4g), which I hated coming from a galaxy nexus. Well it turns out the Nexus 4 could no longer be ordered since all of the remaining inventory was sent to the T-Mobile retail stores, when i got the news I was pretty pissed off and the fact I had to walk around with a phone running gingerbread with super laggy touchwiz was even worse. I had no choice but to wait for two weeks and yesterday I got the call that my phone had arrived. Patience paid off, I got my Nexus 4 with a discount and free screen protectors. The manager told me that someone offered him $700 for my phone, which I thought was crazy, but I'm happy and have one of only 4 Nexus 4s in the whole coachella valley.

Attachments

• IMG_20130118_211712.jpg
    IMG_20130118_211712.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 121

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
wow congratz on your new nexus 4 and welcome to the family.
The guy who offered that amount of money for your phone must be desperate ..i would have gladly spent it on an LG HDTV from bestbuy hehe..

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd be pissed too being stuck using GB...haven't used that since a couple phones ago on my Nexus S, brutal!

Glad your waiting paid off!

I've yet to see anyone else with an N4 in SF...and I'm fairly confident there's more than 4 of them here, LoL.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
That's awesome!! I'm glad you got your N4.

I have a crazy story also lol. I have had the N4 since launch day(one of the lucky few) anyways it was only the 8GB model. I made it work but I wanted the 16 GB model so today i read the T-Mobile stores had some. So I called my local store and they had like 3. 15 mins later I got to the store and I basically had to pay $550 plus tax for it. They all taught I was crazy lol. I paid 400 down and just financed the rest. Just 7 bucks more a month is nothing I still pay total like 69$ for unlimited everything. And I already sold my N4 so I basically got my money back.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Two weeks ago I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile, finally ridding myself of slow 3G. I switched with the intention of ordering the Nexus 4 from T-Mobile, the manager of T-Mobile Palm Springs told me they could order it and it would be shipped to my house. I was given a loaner phone while I waited (exhibit 4g), which I hated coming from a galaxy nexus. Well it turns out the Nexus 4 could no longer be ordered since all of the remaining inventory was sent to the T-Mobile retail stores, when i got the news I was pretty pissed off and the fact I had to walk around with a phone running gingerbread with super laggy touchwiz was even worse. I had no choice but to wait for two weeks and yesterday I got the call that my phone had arrived. Patience paid off, I got my Nexus 4 with a discount and free screen protectors. The manager told me that someone offered him $700 for my phone, which I thought was crazy, but I'm happy and have one of only 4 Nexus 4s in the whole coachella valley.

We're you able to port your number from Sprint to Tmo?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
700? what is wrong with that guy dude? I mean sure the phone is scarce and al but 700 is a bit overkill. There are bunch of phones worth 700 that are better, well coming soon anyways.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
$700 is steep when mobilecity sells it for about $590 ish for 16gb.
I wish they had it in stores here. Still not seen since 13 of nov.

demedcj

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My story isn't funny but kind of interesting lol. I wanted a Nexus 4 for a while and luckily my brother ordered a bunch to resell. I told him once I was elligle for an upgrade for ATT I would trade a
16gb iPhone 5 for a 16gb Nexus 4. He saved it for me and now I'm extremely happy with the Nexus. Android has come a long way since the last time I used it about 2 yrs ago.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
What part?
I typically only use the HDR option & find the pictures come out great for an 8megapixel.
Similar results as I get with my S3 & iPhone 5.

Low light is terrible. HDR comes out good though. I'm just tired of Nexus devices having terrible cameras.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The sphere function of the camera is awesome.

Agreed photosphere is pretty sweet, and making tiny planets is equally awesome.

I think the problem with the Nexus 4's low light camera is a software issue that can be fixed in future updates. They just added so much to the camera in the last Android update, but not everything is perfect. It's a process.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed photosphere is pretty sweet, and making tiny planets is equally awesome.

I think the problem with the Nexus 4's low light camera is a software issue that can be fixed in future updates. They just added so much to the camera in the last Android update, but not everything is perfect. It's a process.
I agree.. Next update is going to be awesome.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Doubt a software update will fix the crap camera. The nexus has always had a crap camera. The optimus g's camera isn't great nether.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy