T-Mobile Service partner data

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the data from T-mobile in a Service partner area? Is data available from service partners & how fast is it if provided?

Bratigan

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thats a great question. I have three ATT towers close by, but ATT has suck data plans at least for the end user. I would much prefer TMobiles unlimited 4G, really unlimited!
If they share towers in the partner area then I am golden as wireless is all rural people can get without latency issues of satellite. I am currently with Verizon and they are getting the boot.
So its either partner help or its Smarttalk through Walmart for the next best thing.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This is why I am on their "value plan" instead of prepaid. If you look at their coverage map, most of Iowa, Nebraska, Montana, Wyoming, etc. are covered by "service partners". If you travel, you need a post paid plan, if T-mobile will do for a traveler at all. I was told at a T-mobile store you get data but slow(2G).
Prepaid doesn't offer data roaming, but postpaid does.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have a post-paid (contract) plan and are not on T-Mo's network, the best you could hope for would be HSPA+ 21 speeds, I'd imagine (T-Mo is the only provider in the US with HSPA+ 42). In reality it would probably be a lot less since the service partner would likely prioritize their own traffic over yours. I know that on Sprint, data roaming is handled by Verizon and it's definitely not fast.