Bye Bye Nexus 4 forum

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have learned quite a lot from this forum and may stop by sometime but I have traded my Nexus 4 for an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note II and I am loving it. Once I have had it for a while I drop by and let people how it compares to the Nexus 4 for me.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
See ya, thought about trading my iPhone 5 for the note 2 myself but I can't let my iPhone go yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You made a good choice. The Note 2 is a beast of a device and has amazing battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. If your going to move on...move on and keep it moving.

Not really. Most of the time when people do these posts they are thanking everyone who helped them make the phone awesome with ROMs and stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have learned quite a lot from this forum and may stop by sometime but I have traded my Nexus 4 for an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note II and I am loving it. Once I have had it for a while I drop by and let people how it compares to the Nexus 4 for me.

I, for one, would appreciate an update/comparison.

-M

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I want to hear a comparison too! I thought of making this trade myself as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
For those that Don't like this thread or this kind of thread I don't need your permission to tell others that I have communicated with and in some small way made friends with that I wont be around this part of Android Central much any more.

For those that are interested in what brought this about....
It was not so much something I did not like because I didn't know what was better or worse than the Nexus 4 vs the Note 2. I wanted the pen, sd card, otg and the larger screen. I now find I like the larger size as I have rather large hands. So with the Note 2 I don't keep accidentally pushing the buttons on the side of the phone. I also happen to like Touch Wiz as I have it on my GNote 10.1 and I am not really that concerned with quick updates or having the latest versions. I would have gotten a Note 2 in the first place If I could have afforded it unlocked. Which I could not but I could afford the Nexus 4. Now I found someone that bought a T-mobile Note 2 on contract because they could not afford a Nexus 4. They kept their contract and switched it to the Nexus 4. They requested the Note 2 be unlocked. So I got an unlocked Note 2 without a contract. Making it was a win win situation for us.

As I use the Note 2 I find that the calls made using Talkatone over WiFi are much better quality without having to make any adjustments other than to increase the speaker settings in Talkatone when speaking to my wife as she speaks very softly. The Note 2 does not have the mic gain problem that the Nexus 4 has.

I find the screen of the Note 2 to be quite a bit cooler in color than the Nexus 4. I am still not sure which I think is better color wise. Sharpness of text and images is so great on both as I can not see any thing but smooth curves no matter how hard I look. I can not see any dots on either screen so dpi and resolution are fine for me on both.

I don't like for the physical button on the Note 2. I would rather have the center button be the same as the menu and back buttons. Also I think it looks cheap. I love how the back and menu buttons are not on the screen and do not show but light when touched. I find the arrangement of the buttons on the Note 2 better for me. On the Nexus 4 the back button always seemed to be on the wrong side. Of course the real estate of the screen is awesome the thinner frame around the screen makes the phone look even bigger than it is.

I don't like the fact the Note 2 uses S-Beam instead of Android Beam as they don't work together as far as I can tell. My wife has an Xperia Acro S using Android beam and we were able to beam some pictures sometimes between it and the Nexus 4 via NFC and Android Beam but we can't beam pictures using S-Beam and Android Beam between the Xperia Acro S and the Note 2. We were able to beam a Youtube but really that just beamed the link and opened up the Youtube player.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not really. Most of the time when people do these posts they are thanking everyone who helped them make the phone awesome with ROMs and stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
I was going to say the same thing. Sheesh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome