Nexus 4 --- Spots On Screen :(

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I already trouble shot it with Google but I figured I would ask here as most of you know more than they.

I already did a factory reset 3 days ago because I deleted a file I shouldn't have. But now it has come down to them recommending me do another and then getting back if it still persists.

The problem is when I turn my screen back on I see white spots all over the screen for 2-3 seconds. I can't imagine why, or even why a factory reset is going to fix.

I have NEVER dropped (cross fingers) or got it wet, and truthfully have no idea how to tell and wouldnt want to begin taking the back off.
I am most certain there is no water damage

So I have tried:

Switched Wallpapers
Turned phone off then on
Switched from Apex to Launcher

Still there. I am posting a pic below. If anyone could help I would be most grateful.

Again you prolly know more than most of their employees

One time when I had a problem, but eventually got fixed, this is what I was told, they will do an advanced replacement, BUT I have to pay $350, then get it back when they get and verify the phone I send

I am not working so would not be able to do that. I suppose I could switch to my phone of choice I have here and just send it in?

Or I was told contact LG where there is no downpayment needed.

In either case, back then I was told there was stock for this type of situation, now I am told they no longer have any? You have any idea when they will catch up

THANKS for even taking time to read this, and even more if you can help

Eric

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-54-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-54-38.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 72

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
woah, its in your wallpaper even when you take a screenshot? That has to be a software problem rather than a hardware problem then.
their warranty works like this. You "buy" a replacement for 350 and then you can send your device in before 14 days and it is free. If google gets it in 21 days from the replacement device order you don't get charged. You don't have to pay any money unless you don't send it back. It's clean $0, they just put those for precautionary measures

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Huber
The spots are on the screen, with any wallpaper, for about 3 seconds, then disappear. Certainly something I shouldn't have to live with

Yea I have heard of those warranties. Zagg they have to charge you the price of the shield until they get yours back.
I don't believe that is the problem now as I "think" I have a friends GN to borrow, but the problem is, I don't know if/when I get a phone back. Isn't there some law, even with people preordering or with getting a repair that they have to supply one in a certain time I would think so.

Hubert, any idea? Any idea?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Huber
The spots are on the screen, with any wallpaper, for about 3 seconds, then disappear. Certainly something I shouldn't have to live with

Yea I have heard of those warranties. Zagg they have to charge you the price of the shield until they get yours back.
I don't believe that is the problem now as I "think" I have a friends GN to borrow, but the problem is, I don't know if/when I get a phone back. Isn't there some law, even with people preordering or with getting a repair that they have to supply one in a certain time I would think so.

Hubert, any idea? Any idea?

Huber? :O lol
yeah i understand your problem but not going to lie dude, doesn't look bad on that wallpaper :p
well when i ordered a replacement device, i got it about nine days after i ordered the replacement device and i had a good deal of leg room to work with when to send the Nexus 4. The shipping label is valid for 14 days and the shipment is generally 3-4 days so you have even more if you are willing to pay shipping (I wasn't)
I asked on the "order a replacement device for your Nexus 4" forum and some guy said he got his withthin a week and his second in a couple days. Don't worry about it dude.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They go away, yes, but it is an issue for me. And a lot of othres I know. LOL, just put the first part of your screenname. I am not sure I understand what you said and went thru.

1. It was with a Nexus 4?
2. You got your replacment phone first, WITHOUT having to pay or put a temporary authorization on the phone. They were pretty clear to me that they would not send anythign until I paid

Thanks for the nice thought of me not worrying about it LOL. That will be the day. Thanks

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They go away, yes, but it is an issue for me. And a lot of othres I know. LOL, just put the first part of your screenname. I am not sure I understand what you said and went thru.

1. It was with a Nexus 4?
2. You got your replacment phone first, WITHOUT having to pay or put a temporary authorization on the phone. They were pretty clear to me that they would not send anythign until I paid

Thanks for the nice thought of me not worrying about it LOL. That will be the day. Thanks

1. Yup, first android device and loving it!
2.you just put information and they put a AUTH payment meaning they will charge if original isnt received. No charge until then

Sent from my Nexus 4

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sticking with me and your patience

I am a professional shopper, lmfao, so I thougth I knew all this

Are you saying that they just have your info and DO NOT charge or even need the money in my account to put a hold on?

Cause I know, for example, I had the wrong card set as default in Google Play Store, and I went to make the phone purchase. It was denied. they said it was only gonna be an auth until the phone comes in. So you are saying this is different?

Have a great night everyone.....Go Ravens Go Ravens Go Ravens....and Niners. How about a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Bowl?

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sticking with me and your patience

I am a professional shopper, lmfao, so I thougth I knew all this

Are you saying that they just have your info and DO NOT charge or even need the money in my account to put a hold on?

Cause I know, for example, I had the wrong card set as default in Google Play Store, and I went to make the phone purchase. It was denied. they said it was only gonna be an auth until the phone comes in. So you are saying this is different?

Have a great night everyone.....Go Ravens Go Ravens Go Ravens....and Niners. How about a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Bowl?

"The Total (AUTH) indicates the amount that has been authorized. This means that a portion of your card?s credit limit is held for several days but no charge is made."

No OFFENSE but you sound dodgy :mad:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
"The Total (AUTH) indicates the amount that has been authorized. This means that a portion of your card?s credit limit is held for several days but no charge is made."

No OFFENSE but you sound dodgy :mad:

He really does lol. Well id rather not have to pay money for something and then it being subtracted. Oh well.
Like he said it needs your information to have an auth charge but doest chargw

Sent from my Nexus 4

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again

Good and bad news. The Good is better

For the bad news, that is exactly as it is shopping, like when you goto pay for gas, they auth a dollar....but if you don't have even a dollar you won't get auth
I had to have the full payment for Play available for auth, even tho they don't ship the phone....I happened to have it cause I was buying the phone.
In any case if there is no purchase with that auth, it drops off in 5 days.
So I would have to have the full amount to get a replacement. But like I said, I have an old GN to use. The only problem which you said would not be an issue, is when they would send a refub or new one.

Now....that is a moot point. I just did a factory reset and all is fine. My friend Macky, he does a lot of Android Videos on YouTube, thought it had to be a software issue more than likely an app, since it showed up on a screenshot, not a hardware problem. I figured out what app I downloaded yesterday and deleted it and did a factory reset. One of those did it

btw, I had to rack my brain. I know Play has all our apps on the phone and computer, but it doesnt have a date/time stamp does it?

Thanks Eric

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again

Good and bad news. The Good is better

For the bad news, that is exactly as it is shopping, like when you goto pay for gas, they auth a dollar....but if you don't have even a dollar you won't get auth
I had to have the full payment for Play available for auth, even tho they don't ship the phone....I happened to have it cause I was buying the phone.
In any case if there is no purchase with that auth, it drops off in 5 days.
So I would have to have the full amount to get a replacement. But like I said, I have an old GN to use. The only problem which you said would not be an issue, is when they would send a refub or new one.

Now....that is a moot point. I just did a factory reset and all is fine. My friend Macky, he does a lot of Android Videos on YouTube, thought it had to be a software issue more than likely an app, since it showed up on a screenshot, not a hardware problem. I figured out what app I downloaded yesterday and deleted it and did a factory reset. One of those did it

btw, I had to rack my brain. I know Play has all our apps on the phone and computer, but it doesnt have a date/time stamp does it?

Thanks Eric

"Now....that is a moot point. I just did a factory reset and all is fine. My friend Macky, he does a lot of Android Videos on YouTube, thought it had to be a software issue more than likely an app, since it showed up on a screenshot, not a hardware problem. I figured out what app I downloaded yesterday and deleted it and did a factory reset. One of those did it" that's exactly what i said :p
well what do you date/time stamp.

Dom Splinter

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I was freaking out today because this exact same 'spots' thing happened to me and I was so worried there was something wrong with my precious nexus.
I showed my girlfriend your screen shot and after she took the phone from me and flicked through a few menus and things, she returned to me and just said "It's the weather app".
I stared, dumbfounded, and remembered that just a few days ago I had purchased a weather app called 'beautiful widgets' with animations including sunshine, rain, and of course, twinkling stars.
The is nothing wrong with my phone, it's just an animation when I
unlock the screen. Tap it and it goes away.
I hope this helps you with your problem! :)

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I was thinking "Ill laugh if its just a live wallpaper" but a bloody other app - that would really **** me off!
Glad you found out what is was before sending it away! (ps this isn't sarcastic - seriously because i would be so grumpy if it was my phone)

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks like screen bleed.The LED black light is bleeding through your screen. I had a white dot that kept coming up on mine after a few min. I took it back to T-mobile and they replaced it for free; since that is a defect in the screen. I suggest you call Google back and ask for a replacement.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It looks like screen bleed.The LED black light is bleeding through your screen. I had a white dot that kept coming up on mine after a few min. I took it back to T-mobile and they replaced it for free; since that is a defect in the screen. I suggest you call Google back and ask for a replacement.

Umm... no; that wouldn't show up on a screenshot.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
then how did it show up on a screenshot? it is def not a screen bleed.
I would say a software glitch maybe