Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What are my options for repair?

There is a thin line crack in the front glass of my nexus 4 right across the middle of the screen. The top half of the touchscreen works fine, but the bottom half no longer responds. Since my phone is locked with a code, there is no way I can unlock it, or do anything else for that matter. What are my options in terms of repair and the expected costs? Since it's a new phone as of December, is there any way I can ask Google for a replacement?

The problem is essentially this:

The difference being the thin line crack in mine and that I can't pull down the top bar at all.

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: What are my options for repair?

Only one I know of is google which makes you pay around 100 I think which is way too much :/.

Default Re: What are my options for repair?

This is a minor fix but you can operate your tablet with a mouse. You need a Micro USB to USB 2.0 Adapter. I bought this one for cheap.
    Amazon.com: eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I got a thin line crack across the bottom & the entire touchscreen died. Once I used the adapter to attach a mouse, I could unlock the tablet & use it. Jellybean had an update at the time and (perhaps coincidence) the touchscreen started working. All except that small area near the crack. I just rotate the screen to get to what I need. Better than using it as a pricey coaster.
    I was just hoping to use it with the mouse. Having the touchscreen reboot was an incredible surprise. Hope this helps someone.