- 1 Posts
What are my options for repair?
There is a thin line crack in the front glass of my nexus 4 right across the middle of the screen. The top half of the touchscreen works fine, but the bottom half no longer responds. Since my phone is locked with a code, there is no way I can unlock it, or do anything else for that matter. What are my options in terms of repair and the expected costs? Since it's a new phone as of December, is there any way I can ask Google for a replacement?
The problem is essentially this:
The difference being the thin line crack in mine and that I can't pull down the top bar at all.
Thanks for the help!
- 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM #2
- 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM #3
- 2 Posts
Re: What are my options for repair?
This is a minor fix but you can operate your tablet with a mouse. You need a Micro USB to USB 2.0 Adapter. I bought this one for cheap.
Amazon.com: eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
I got a thin line crack across the bottom & the entire touchscreen died. Once I used the adapter to attach a mouse, I could unlock the tablet & use it. Jellybean had an update at the time and (perhaps coincidence) the touchscreen started working. All except that small area near the crack. I just rotate the screen to get to what I need. Better than using it as a pricey coaster.
I was just hoping to use it with the mouse. Having the touchscreen reboot was an incredible surprise. Hope this helps someone.
- By Fantom557 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 24Last Post: 02-17-2012, 05:23 PM
- By useport80 in forum SprintReplies: 4Last Post: 10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
- By colestein in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 12Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:19 PM
- By Issemann in forum VerizonReplies: 9Last Post: 02-16-2011, 08:42 AM
- By Android Addict in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 22Last Post: 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM