Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default really cool launcher

i just found out about a launcher called "TSF Shell", and it looks really slick. Only problem is its $16, so definitely pretty expensive. Who's tried it? What are the pros/cons against nova/apex? I saw it over here
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Default Re: really cool launcher

I tried it when it launched & I liked it initially but refunded as it was too much going on for me.
    Only thing I ended up keeping was its Wallpapers, LoL.

I keep going back to Nova because it's the only one that supports GLOBAL Badge Notifications (because SMS, GMail, Calls aren't enough!) & once you get use to them you can't go without.
    Here's how--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I tried it when it launched & I liked it initially but refunded as it was too much going on for me.
    what do you mean by too much going on for you? too complicated? i dont really care too much about global badge notifications tbh
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

they are themed using TSF you can do same theming using Apex/Nova

Here is a wonderful site for theming
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    they are themed using TSF you can do same theming using Apex/Nova

Here is a wonderful site for theming
    haha thanks i already knew that though. the cool thing in the video was the scrollable sideways dock and all the animations and tools. i wanted to know how this launcher stacks up against nova/apex.

Screenlicicious is also okay for theming. They have 20 or so themes and all good

Sent from my Nexus 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

omg this thread wasnt to ask about themeing sites... read the 1st post please

$16 seems a bit steep for any general purpose android app, and really high for a launcher. Especially when Nova (and a few others) is so good and free.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    $16 seems a bit steep for any general purpose android app, and really high for a launcher. Especially when Nova (and a few others) is so good and free.
    yeah thats what i thought. but if you watch that video i posted you'll see that TSF launcher looks pretty sweet. i want to know if the $16 is (somewhat) justified with added features in comparison to nova.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    yeah thats what i thought. but if you watch that video i posted you'll see that TSF launcher looks pretty sweet. i want to know if the $16 is (somewhat) justified with added features in comparison to nova.
    Yeah, that does look pretty cool.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

It does have some nice visual quirks that appear to be lacking by default in other launchers. If you don't want to bother with the tweaking Apex/Nova to d9 something similar then sure, pay the $16. FWIW to say, TSF Shell held the market alone at this asking price range until Next Launcher 3D came out a month or ago.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Actually, I forgot to mention SPB Shell 3D in the above response.

Sent from my GT-N7100
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by seancojr View Post
    Actually, I forgot to mention SPB Shell 3D in the above response.

Sent from my GT-N7100
    i see that next launcher is by the same makers as go launcher. how do these three compare? and why is the price so much? why is it called a shell lol? :0

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    i just found out about a launcher called "TSF Shell", and it looks really slick. Only problem is its $16, so definitely pretty expensive. Who's tried it? What are the pros/cons against nova/apex? I saw it over here
    I love the look of TSF but had issues with widgets not staying on the screen I had initially set them up on. It was too frustrating to deal with so I went back to Nova Launcher Prime.