Nexus 4 replacement from google

omoore28

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
hi, i've had a nightmare of a day with my nexus 4.

woke up this morning to discover nexus 4 would not turn on, connected to multiple chargers, would not charge. The battery had definitely been drained the night before which is why it had turned off initially.

after hours of changing chargers/repeatedly trying to turn it on/ leaving it untouched plugged in... i decided to phone google for a replacement. The expected phone call ensued, google are happily sending out a new model, and refunding my money for said model as soon as faulty model is returned..

here's the catch, a number of hours later (after dropping the phone actually) it started working again. i had had it unplugged for a further couple of hours, decided to give it a bash at turning it on, and hey presto its working again.

A). am i still entitled to the new model, i feel as if i am as the phone now feels unreliable. I am very concerned it wont work again. i work through it so this would be debilitating.
B) does the fact i have dropped it since, in your opinion, lower my chances of a refund for the new model
C)when google inspect my phone will they even find a problem?

I have phoned them four times today and been met each time with an american (no offence, im irish) who couldn't even begin to pronounce my name, yet understand my accent so it has been a nightmare. suggesting to phone google is not what im looking for. Question B) in particular is not something i want google to hear as you may guess.

thanks for any help in advance.

oisin

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. My phone died on battery and refused to come back on. I rmaed it back to Google. It took them 2 weeks so I had to buy a replacement temporary samsung galsxy nexus while i waited.

my new rma just arrived today. You wil have to pay 299.99 for the replacement until LG inspects yuour defective phone. If the phone is defective under warranty, they'll refund you.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You get the new device no matter what. You can cancel the order from google wallet if you don't want it anymore. Any damages toward the phone that is your fault will be costed towards your credit card and that's about it. Not sure if you can send back the replacement device if you don't want to send the original device because they have the IMEI number of the original phone.
Everyone can have a replacement device i'm pretty sure (well if you can't you can always say there is a rattling in the phone which all phones have anyways) but it takes time and complications and everything to have one so the question is do YOU want a replacement device with all the complications and having to be charged from your credit card for any damages you have done (you have to have everything i'm pretty sure, the box, sim ejector, manual blah blah blah)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton