Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 charger doesn't charge anymore

Hello,

I've had my Nexus 4 since November and recently the charger that came with the phone doesn't charge it. Overnight charging only goes up by 10% or less. After watching it for a sec it looks like the charger is broken or defective, it will charge for a couple minutes then stop and the charging symbol with go back a forth from charging to not charging. I've tried different wall outlets but same thing. My car charger works perfectly fine and gets it up to almost full during my ride to work though so its not the phone. Should I get a replacement? Has anyone had this issue?

Default Re: Nexus 4 charger doesn't charge anymore

Do you have other similar chargers to try such as from previous Android devices?
    I don't use the one included, instead I use an Andru charger which goes much faster.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

All I have is an HTC One X charger. Just seems like my included charger crapped out. I'll give the HTC charger a try when I get home.

If you can charge it with the car charger, then it sounds like the supplied charger is defective. I would call/email Google to have it replaced (the charger only), unless you've got a bunch of them lying around anyway. Out of curiosity, if you just use the usb cord that came with the charger and plug into your pc, does it charge?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

ROM
    Stock

I had a defective charger too. Google has no way or replacing just the charger. They wanted to RMA my entire device. I was able to get a replacement LG MCS-01WR charger from Best Buy Mobile since it is the same charger as the Optimus G and the LG Lucid. The replacement charger is working. believe my issues were with the OEM USB cable. I am using my HTC G2's cable now with the LG charger and am charging up correctly.