Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By TheLibertarian
  • 3 Post By KwietStorm
  • 2 Post By still1
  • 4 Post By SOLGarion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

With N4s still out of stock I've been a bit perplexed about what the heck is going on? I mean why wouldn't Google or LG say something about when stock should return?

Here's my theory: I'm wondering if they are trying to fix the rattle noise that many have reported?

A number of people haven't noticed it, or aren't bothered by it. So rather than announce that this is the problem and then have a ton of returns come in from otherwise perfectly happy customers, Google/LG may be working on a quiet fix.

And since it's unclear how long the fix will take and when production will resume they aren't taking any more orders for now or saying anything more about availability.

I already returned my N4 under warranty due to the rattle noise, and the Google rep acknowledged that it was "a known problem".

Default Re: My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will retu

Or maybe Google is selling the N4 at a loss at $300.

Default out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

Or maybe they want more press and more attention to that product

Sent from my Nexus 4

Default Re: out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

I hear they're working on adjusting the personality of the device so it stops jumping off flat surfaces and breaking itself...

Or, just maybe, Google didn't anticipate the demand for the product and did not place an appropriately sized order with LG.
    Thanked by:
    dbareis, KwietStorm, J T M and 4 others like this.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Franco's Nightly Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Or, just maybe, Google didn't anticipate the demand for the product and did not place an appropriately sized order with LG.
    Yep yep.

During Google's earnings call today, Larry Page mentioned that they are working on their supply chain issues, and LG has already said that they are ramping up production of the N4 to help meet demand for the device.

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Basically Google are useless and cant even sort out a proper ordering system.. And instead of taking the blame, they will blame everyone else under the sun. Google have a terrible system in place to take orders.. In the UK, people were actually receiving phones before other customers who had ordered before them in some kind of Last In First Out fashion.

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Default My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

My theory is that an extraterrestrial force has taken over as news of the new n4 were released over the radio waves in the perplexed Milky Way as battle formations built up near the mighty andromeda. The intelligence was decifered by the enemy forces onboard the curiosity lander as the Nexus 4 news broke out and the signals interpolated, via a megateonic magnopulsonic waves which carried secret cell phone signal outsourcing and logistical intelligence.

And that is my theory :-)
    my Nexus 5 32GB

I hear they're working on adjusting the personality of the device so it stops jumping off flat surfaces and breaking itself...

Take your logic and reason and get off of my internets!

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Default Re: My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will retu

You know what Occam's Razor said... The most complex, strange answer is normally the right one. Wait, what?

Nice to hear they operate the same in UK as in US. ( Yes, a joke.)
    I received mine within 48 hours of ordering, in early December.

that theory is insane. Are you drunk?

My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return-uploadfromtaptalk1359164436730.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I think it's similar to when Apple has supply constraints usually when a IPhonee hits. They just couldn't make enough to meet the surprise demand.

I mean, think about it: you can only buy the phone from one carrier and the google play site. So they probaly assumed that since it was limited to those 2 venues, they just couldn't predict the demand, especially of the unlocked version on their site.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums