My theory on why the N4 is still out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
With N4s still out of stock I've been a bit perplexed about what the heck is going on? I mean why wouldn't Google or LG say something about when stock should return?

Here's my theory: I'm wondering if they are trying to fix the rattle noise that many have reported?

A number of people haven't noticed it, or aren't bothered by it. So rather than announce that this is the problem and then have a ton of returns come in from otherwise perfectly happy customers, Google/LG may be working on a quiet fix.

And since it's unclear how long the fix will take and when production will resume they aren't taking any more orders for now or saying anything more about availability.

I already returned my N4 under warranty due to the rattle noise, and the Google rep acknowledged that it was "a known problem".

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

Or maybe they want more press and more attention to that product

Sent from my Nexus 4

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: out of stock and no word from Google/LG on when stock will return

I hear they're working on adjusting the personality of the device so it stops jumping off flat surfaces and breaking itself...

Or, just maybe, Google didn't anticipate the demand for the product and did not place an appropriately sized order with LG.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site

Or, just maybe, Google didn't anticipate the demand for the product and did not place an appropriately sized order with LG.

Yep yep.

During Google's earnings call today, Larry Page mentioned that they are working on their supply chain issues, and LG has already said that they are ramping up production of the N4 to help meet demand for the device.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Basically Google are useless and cant even sort out a proper ordering system.. And instead of taking the blame, they will blame everyone else under the sun. Google have a terrible system in place to take orders.. In the UK, people were actually receiving phones before other customers who had ordered before them in some kind of Last In First Out fashion.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
My theory is that an extraterrestrial force has taken over as news of the new n4 were released over the radio waves in the perplexed Milky Way as battle formations built up near the mighty andromeda. The intelligence was decifered by the enemy forces onboard the curiosity lander as the Nexus 4 news broke out and the signals interpolated, via a megateonic magnopulsonic waves which carried secret cell phone signal outsourcing and logistical intelligence.

And that is my theory :)

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I hear they're working on adjusting the personality of the device so it stops jumping off flat surfaces and breaking itself...

Take your logic and reason and get off of my internets!

Tom_Sz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Nice to hear they operate the same in UK as in US. ( Yes, a joke.)
I received mine within 48 hours of ordering, in early December.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I think it's similar to when Apple has supply constraints usually when a IPhonee hits. They just couldn't make enough to meet the surprise demand.

I mean, think about it: you can only buy the phone from one carrier and the google play site. So they probaly assumed that since it was limited to those 2 venues, they just couldn't predict the demand, especially of the unlocked version on their site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital