Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paul-c
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turkey Nexys 4 price.

Ok guys I am not sure this is the place but i wan't to ask something. I am living in Turkey and i have waited for Nexus 4 for a long time. Now it came with a price tag around 780$ and of course i am not happy with that.

Here is my question, if Samsung Galaxy s3 and Nexus 4 have same price tag, which would you prefer?

Default Re: Turkey Nexys 4 price.

Nexus 4, no doubt. The price is steep, but at least you'll be running the latest version of Android.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    Nexus 4, no doubt. The price is steep, but at least you'll be running the latest version of Android.
    Precisely this.

For that price if they were released at the same time I'd say go with the S3.
    However, since the S3 is about 5mos older than the N4, I'd say go with the N4.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Do you mean 780 Turkish Lira or some other currency?

780 Turkish Lira is approx $440 USD which is expensive but only $90 USD more than the version sold via Google Play.

I am not sure it will be cheaper in your country, unless you have access to Google Play.

Having said that, the Nexus 4 is newer than the GS3, (the Nexus 4) will receive with all probability at least 2 Android updates, extending the useful life of the phone (amortizing its value over a greater period of time).

To my brain making it the better phone.

Dan

PS Recently returned from Ankara and I used a prepaid SIM card from Turkcell in my Nexus 4 worked flawlessly.

Unfortunately a Turkish SIM will only work in a foreign phone for about a week before your phone's IMEI number is blocked from connecting. The government maintains a database of IMEI numbers and if you want to get your IMEI added there is a 115TL fee and a great many hoops to jump through including possibly the requirement that a Turkish citizen or resident complete the process. Due to this all phones purchased in Turkey are more than double the cost elsewhere in the world. Disgusting I know. Also you can only register one phone every two years. I recently tried this with an iPhone. I paid the tax at a local bank and took the receipt to Turkcell. Unfortunately Turkcell wanted my cousin's father to come (in addition to just my cousin's passport). So far he has been unable to do so and therefore the phone is basically an iPod touch. This is the dumbest system ever. I mean what other country in the world does that?