1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Factory Reset - Enough?

Hello all!

I've decided after six weeks that I'm not happy with the Nexus 4 - I don't think the sound is very good, and I haven't had much luck with the battery. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Droid Maxx phones, but as part of this I'm selling my Nexus 4.

My phone was encrypted, and I did a factory reset on the phone. Following that factory reset, I created a generic account and then re-encrypted the phone (to try and scramble things up a little more, then did a second factory reset, leaving the phone on the initial "Choose Your Language" screen.

Now, I don't have state secrets by any stretch, but I did have my bank's app etc. on my phone so I'd prefer not including that as part of the sale At this point, should my phone be safe from prying eyes if someone wanted to get into any deleted stuff?

Thanks in advance all!

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Default Re: Factory Reset - Enough?

You should be good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CountryDude View Post
    Hello all!

I've decided after six weeks that I'm not happy with the Nexus 4 - I don't think the sound is very good, and I haven't had much luck with the battery. I'm probably going to pick up one of the Droid Maxx phones, but as part of this I'm selling my Nexus 4.

My phone was encrypted, and I did a factory reset on the phone. Following that factory reset, I created a generic account and then re-encrypted the phone (to try and scramble things up a little more, then did a second factory reset, leaving the phone on the initial "Choose Your Language" screen.

Now, I don't have state secrets by any stretch, but I did have my bank's app etc. on my phone so I'd prefer not including that as part of the sale At this point, should my phone be safe from prying eyes if someone wanted to get into any deleted stuff?

Thanks in advance all!
    I would also clear out the "SD card". (That's what shows up when you plug it in to USB)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wouldnt that be killed by the factory reset?

- - - Updated - - -

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CountryDude View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yea it should clear that as well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

eh, if you really want to go overboard, reset the entire device with the factory image that google provided/deleted and you can find it online