1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Story from an Android Noob

Well whoops... and I thought i was pretty good at this android things until i actually started rooting. Coming from iOS, I thought it would be really easy and i wouldn't have much or any trouble but yeah... i kind of screwed up. I unlocked bootloader perfectly and and i rooted it fine but when i started rom manager i didn't install a backup when i flashed cwm and cyromaksdfjkasd or whatever it is called and now.... i want to unflash it lol. Don't have any backups so now I have to do an entire process using this guide [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore. Read somewhere a factory reset on the phone while rooted can make the phone useless and bricked and i'm not taking my chances :/.
    Well wish me luck. Hopefully I don't it up some more

Default Re: Story from an Android Noob

Wish you luck, I'll look into it, if I find the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Good luck. And just so you know, some phones are as easy as the iPhone to root/jailbreak. Bootloaders add a level of complications (not much). Phones like the Samsung Galaxy S3 (and I'm guessing other Samsung) use a program called Odin to do all the hard work. You pick the image and click a button and let it go. Very easy. I'm super intimidated to mess up the N4 just because of the stock issues and being without a phone if I break it.
    .B

I used(still) this method to unlock/root/factory restore my nexus 4 and Nexus 10. didnt even look at any other guide or tool-kits.

I wrote this guide when i had my Nexus S. these steps still hold true for any Nexus devices How-To Unlock Bootloader/Factory Restore/Root any NEXUS device