Battery Issues?

ChrisLowson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed for a few weeks now that my battery will drain very quickly sometimes in the morning after i unplug it and when I go to the battery display it will have Maps, Messenger, Phone, Google Services or even the Play Store using 50% of the battery when I haven't run any apps or have any running. Now I have notice that if I reboot the phone it will stop draining the battery. Any ideas on what may be causing this or how to investigate this ?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
open maps and its settings-->location settings-->uncheck "report from this device"

maps will fall out of battery. reboot rest should go down as well.

ChrisLowson

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have looked into this and all the map options are off but what about the other apps I listed ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I was getting battery drain (though nothing as bad as yours) but after I flashed the AOKP build 2 ROM, it seems to have fixed my battery woes.

People have mentioned turning off Google Now and all location settings to improve the battery. I don't have those things turned off though.

Also, it may be an app screwing up. Maybe delete/reinstall apps or even factory reset your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2