Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Go Ogle
  • 1 Post By pugnuttt
  • 1 Post By Rizy7
  • 1 Post By karmamule
  • 1 Post By matt3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Am I the last one to know...

That emoji comes stock?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the last one to know...-uploadfromtaptalk1358920071575.jpg  
    Thanked by 3:
    karmamule, Ry and Rizy7 like this.

Default Re: Am I the last one to know...

I must have been right there with you. Where is that at?
    Ry likes this.

No, it does not.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Looks pretty stock to me considering I didn't download it. You just have to enable it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am I the last one to know...-uploadfromtaptalk1358922300052.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

Finally found it but it's hard to get to.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    Finally found it but it's hard to get to.
    Whenever you are about to type... the keyboard pops up at the notification bar on the left. Click it.. Change it.. And that's it

Thanked by:

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Nice one.. Thanks for that
    Go Ogle likes this.

I don't see where your talking about.

I had noticed this before but thought it looked too inconvenient to use. However I gave it a shot after seeing you mention it again and noticed that it keeps the most recently used symbols at the very top, so that's helpful and I might use it a little more now. So thanks for bringing it up! :-)
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...
    Go Ogle likes this.

Never mind, thanks!
    Go Ogle likes this.

Its in the input and language. At the bottom you can see emoji. Just for those who dont know

Sent from my Nexus 4

i've always found it pointless to use unless you know the receiving person has emoji enabled on their phones too.
    that's why i only use it with whats app... cause you know everyone using it has it by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Its in the input and language. At the bottom you can see emoji. Just for those who dont know

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i've always found it pointless to use unless you know the receiving person has emoji enabled on their phones too.
    that's why i only use it with whats app... cause you know everyone using it has it by default.
    yeah but it is neat that it is built in. Never used the emoji app myself but can you just send it to any android phones or is there a special case.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Um I dunno if that's true. I never had it enabled and when my girl would text me emoji from her iphone I could still see it. I guess you're talking about people with older androids software. Most of my android friends use gosms though and I think it still shows yo even without the emoji plugin. Idk

Last edited by Go Ogle; 01-23-2013 at 04:22 PM.

well, i'm not talking android only phones but i've experienced problems and i guess it can differ over different platforms and apps and versions of os... so that's why i find it pointless when you have so many different friends on different set up phones.

like when i had my 4s... you can add it just like the above example as an additional keyboard option... and i send to other iphone users that didnt have it enabled and it just shows as squares to them. i use the same 4s and send text to a buddy with an s2 and i guess running ics at the time... he couldnt see it because of the text app he was using (probably gosms) and had to add in the emoji pack i think to see it. then he goes with a jelly bean rom and i test again and i dont think he had his previous text app back in so he couldnt see it again... or maybe that he couldnt see the new added emoji set. anyways, as you can see, it was confusing and just not worth it.

whatsapp... easy... no matter what platform or what version os using... no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Go Ogle View Post
    Um I dunno if that's true. I never had it enabled and when my girl would text me emoji from her iphone I could still see it. I guess you're talking about people with older androids software. Most of my android friends use gosms though and I think it still shows yo even without the emoji plugin. Idk

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I feel you. I guess it's just about your circles and maybe what area you're in because no one I know here in Tampa uses whatsapp to text people. People only seem to use it around here to avoid international texts.

I only use emoji if someone sends me some first. I guess that's my way around dealing with wondering if someone gets them or not.