Nexus 4: Overnight charging freezes phone
I'm used to charging my phone overnight and did this without a problem with my HTC Desire HD but if I charge my Nexus 4 overnight, in the morning the screen is black and nothing wakes up (except the blue notification light if I have mail). The only thing I can do is hold the power button in for 30 seconds or so until it re-boots. Sometimes the battery icon fills the screen when I do this.
Is it possible to overcharge a battery? Am I wrong to charge overnight?
Is this a known issue?
- 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM #2
- 1,178 Posts
- Lollipop 5.0
Re: Overnight charging freezes phone
I've never heard of this happening. Try enabling daydream mode (Settings -> Display -> Daydream) for charging and see if it's still frozen in the morning (might want to put something over the phone to hide the screen, unless you like nightlights).
- 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM #4
- 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM #7
- 03-22-2014, 05:14 PM #9
- By jonh918 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II SkyrocketReplies: 3Last Post: 11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
- By kstufff in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 07-15-2010, 05:01 AM
- By Jerzyiroc in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2010, 03:14 AM
- By gojeda in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 06-20-2010, 08:13 AM
- By Jasonrj in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 22Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:52 AM