Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Suddenly, my battery life is phenomenal!

The only thing I am doing is force closing some questionable battery hog games my daughters play after they play them. I went ahead and enabled everything as far as sync, location services, everything! I do have it disabling wifi/data when the screen goes off. I don't see that suspect bug battery eater "media server" listed as much anymore. I wonder if some of that was related to disabling certain services which might have sent it into an infinite loop trying to activate it in some way? You would think when testing the OS they test it with everything enabled. I am starting to think disabling all sorts of stuff and crippling it, puts you into a more unknown territory to see untested bugs! Part of it could also be the battery finally settling in after so many charge cycles. I dunno.

Anyways, very happy where it stands right now - over 24 hours and overnight with 54% remaining.

Default Re: Suddenly, my battery life is phenomenal!

Screen on time?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

15%

Time?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

1 day 42 mins - screen 1hr 10mins

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    screen 1hr 10mins
    Well...there's your answer.

Ugh. My media server is hogging everything and whenever i ask, the answer doesnt answer how to lowrr it

Sent from my Nexus 4

I usually see about 3.5-4+ hours of screen on time. The screen is the biggest battery hog.

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    1 day 42 mins - screen 1hr 10mins
    Your battery is doing great because you're barely using your phone.

he didn't even say what percentage the phone is at. If it is 50% that's pretty good. Phone idle and the android OS are probably really high in percentage though

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    he didn't even say what percentage the phone is at. If it is 50% that's pretty good. Phone idle and the android OS are probably really high in percentage though
    He said 54%

oh. well that's okay, not phenomenal. Only one hour of screen time
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Well guys... everything is relative. This has been an impressive jump ahead in evolution for MY phone. Just giving some hope out there to the battery hopeless.
    Blendercloud and promanex like this.

Wanted to post this somewhere for a while now. Couldn't get a full charge for a few days

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suddenly, my battery life is phenomenal!-uploadfromtaptalk1358978565603.jpg   Suddenly, my battery life is phenomenal!-uploadfromtaptalk1358978585330.jpg   Suddenly, my battery life is phenomenal!-uploadfromtaptalk1358978670052.jpg  

I don't think I have ever seen 3-4 hours of screen time on my N4. It is more like 2 hours but I don't use it often so it lasts for 1.5 days or so. You guys think I have a defective battery unit? Any way to confirm this? I don't want to file a replacement claim just based on a hunch.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

That's pretty much what I get. If I'm on WiFi most of the day I will get 4 hours of screen time but out at work all day and then out and about and no WiFi, about 2 or 2 and a half hours.

J T M likes this.

You have to turn your brightness way down to really enjoy extended screen time.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I'm now at 23% with 2 hours screen time. Looks like I could squeeze almost 4 hrs screen time if needed. This is big!

i could squeeze 4 hours easy, 4.5 hours is bit of a stretch but I don't have a mobile data connection or a SIM so that could be why

Well yesterday I flashed the AOKP build 2 ROM and I have noticed a huge increase in battery life.

I has 2 hours of screen time and still had 60% battery left. Don't know if the battery stats were calibrated properly or what, but it feels like it's got good battery life like other phones out there.

I have all sync and services turned on. Hope it stays like this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

I know I probably have no right to complain or anything.. But after a few charge cycles I was getting around 6 hours screen time.. and now Im getting more around 4.. which is kind of weird

Quote Originally Posted by codeda View Post
    That's pretty much what I get. If I'm on WiFi most of the day I will get 4 hours of screen time but out at work all day and then out and about and no WiFi, about 2 or 2 and a half hours.

Well, I barely use mobile data at all. So if anything, battery life should be better than when I use wifi (maybe 30 min or so each cycle).

Looks like I must be doing something wrong... I have about 1 hr of screen time at 51% battery... yet i h ave brightness at minimum, and only wifi turned on, nothing else.

I have 1 hour and 34 min. of screen time at 94%battery. Phone idle most hog at 18%.

My first 2wks I use to lose about 10-15% battery per hour giving me about 9hours before reaching 0%.
    Now though after about another 2wks using "DS Battery Saver" I lose about 6-8% battery per hour giving me easily 12hours - very satisfied!

Here's the link--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.batrsaverpro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast