Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default SIM card issue on Nexus 4? Help much appreciated

Hey guys, stumbled upon this website not too long ago. Well i bought my first android product a 16gb Nexus 4. I'm currently having trouble getting the network carrier to work. When trying to connect to the carrier it says "your sim card does not allow network connection."

I have searched this problem with other phones such as the Nexus S and other android phones but still no success. I've tried adding the APN manually but its unable to save it. I've done the whole *#*#4636#*#* and that doesn't do anything either. I've only tried one other sim card and that didn't work either. I'm running Rasbeanberry with a Nocturnal Limited Edition Mod.

Also i live in the Dominican Republic using Claro network. Employees aren't the most helpful. I really love this phone but I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be more than welcome.

Default Re: SIM card issue on Nexus 4? Help much appreciated

It would be nice if you were willing to revert to the factory kernel for testing purposes...

Question: The proper way to insert a SIM card in this phone is to first perform a full power off cycle (turn phone on, hold power button for 5 seconds until menu pops up, select Power Off and OK). Insert the SIM card. Boot phone (hold power button 5 seconds until haptic feedback). The gist of this is, you must reboot the phone after inserting a SIM card. Have you done this?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    It would be nice if you were willing to revert to the factory kernel for testing purposes...

Question: The proper way to insert a SIM card in this phone is to first perform a full power off cycle (turn phone on, hold power button for 5 seconds until menu pops up, select Power Off and OK). Insert the SIM card. Boot phone (hold power button 5 seconds until haptic feedback). The gist of this is, you must reboot the phone after inserting a SIM card. Have you done this?
    I don't believe I did. The phone was on and I just popped the sim card in there. I will restore my phone completely stock and get back to you asap
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: SIM card issue on Nexus 4? Help much appreciated

I did a complete wipe, set everything back to stock, unrooted it and the phone is now unlocked. Did exactly what you suggested, but i still get the same SIM card problem though