SIM card issue on Nexus 4? Help much appreciated
Hey guys, stumbled upon this website not too long ago. Well i bought my first android product a 16gb Nexus 4. I'm currently having trouble getting the network carrier to work. When trying to connect to the carrier it says "your sim card does not allow network connection."
I have searched this problem with other phones such as the Nexus S and other android phones but still no success. I've tried adding the APN manually but its unable to save it. I've done the whole *#*#4636#*#* and that doesn't do anything either. I've only tried one other sim card and that didn't work either. I'm running Rasbeanberry with a Nocturnal Limited Edition Mod.
Also i live in the Dominican Republic using Claro network. Employees aren't the most helpful. I really love this phone but I honestly don't know what to do at this point. Any help would be more than welcome.
- 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM #2
- 935 Posts
Re: SIM card issue on Nexus 4? Help much appreciated
It would be nice if you were willing to revert to the factory kernel for testing purposes...
Question: The proper way to insert a SIM card in this phone is to first perform a full power off cycle (turn phone on, hold power button for 5 seconds until menu pops up, select Power Off and OK). Insert the SIM card. Boot phone (hold power button 5 seconds until haptic feedback). The gist of this is, you must reboot the phone after inserting a SIM card. Have you done this?
- By aleksb6 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 33Last Post: 08-14-2013, 12:49 PM
- By Arktisk in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-27-2013, 03:37 AM
- By bcbenton in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 5Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:02 PM
- By greg3025780 in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 0Last Post: 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM
- By Miguel611 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 1Last Post: 03-26-2010, 03:12 PM