Should I buy this nexus or wait for new ones?

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Someone on craigslist is selling the nexus 4 16gb for $375 with a case (looks like a cheap case). In the picture it still has the film on the screen, comes with box etc. The guy says it's about 3 weeks old and in great condition. Question is, should I buy this or wait for a restock on playstore? I worry that the new nexus's on playstore will be upgraded/improved from the ones that have been sent out already. I also worry that if this one ends up having issues, would I still be able to get a replacement from google even though I purchased it used?

I just would like some of your opinions on the matter. Thanks.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just make absolutely sure there is nothing wrong with it... you won't be able to get an rma from Google if there is a defect. Why is the seller only asking for $375 when he could get much more for it on EBay?

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
What do I need to do to make sure there is nothing wrong with it? And regarding the ebay question; idk. Maybe because ebay is a fn hassle. Also, is the battery on the n4 really that absurdly awful?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
3wks of use for about 40$ off (assuming it's a 15$ case)...I'd say wait since you won't have any warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you going to pick it up or have it delivered? I do think you can have the warranty transfered. The reason I brought up Ebay is that I paid $380 for mine off the Play Store. $350 for the phone plus tax and shipping. The seller could easily get over $400 for the phone on Ebay. My battery life is decent. I disabled Google Now and that seemed to have helped.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought one for me and my boyfriend off of craigslists almost at cost. No issues whatsoever. Of course if there is we can't go through Google but I feel fine with my decision. Good luck with yours!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same thoughts. I have even looked at a few for 450 but they are not mint so I passed. I did not know they are not under warranty if you buy them used. At this point I will wait till mid February for the play store and after that I will wait. I just wanted a 2nd phone for the weekend and wanted to try out a nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Buy it if you want their will be nothing wrong with it. Also the new batches wont be upgraded or improved on google will never do that. When they cone back in stock itll be the same as the first batch.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2