Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Request/Idea for Lock Screen

One of the most common things I do throughout the day is hit the power button on my N4 to see what time it is. The time is, by default, listed in digital arabic numerals. I'd like to have a big analog style clock as the lock screen.

That in itself isn't hard to do - but I also like having an unlock code, which means that the main part of the screen is taken up with the keypad for number entry.

Is there, or is there a way to easily combine a few things to make one, a way to use the numbers on an analog clock as my number entry? Ie, if my pass is 1 2 3 4, I'd press the clock face numbers instead of a keypad.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Request/Idea for Lock Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rodgers View Post
    One of the most common things I do throughout the day is hit the power button on my N4 to see what time it is. The time is, by default, listed in digital arabic numerals. I'd like to have a big analog style clock as the lock screen.

That in itself isn't hard to do - but I also like having an unlock code, which means that the main part of the screen is taken up with the keypad for number entry.

Is there, or is there a way to easily combine a few things to make one, a way to use the numbers on an analog clock as my number entry? Ie, if my pass is 1 2 3 4, I'd press the clock face numbers instead of a keypad.

Any ideas?
    i get what you're saying but honestly can't think of anyway to implement this. sorry
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Well you probably can set that up with tweaking from widget locker and maybe with uccw? I doubt it though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well you probably can set that up with tweaking from widget locker and maybe with uccw? I doubt it though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    no i cant think of any way to do that with just these two
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    no i cant think of any way to do that with just these two
    well i mean you can have a hotspot on the uccw that will open another widget locker and then you keep pressing the hotspot until you get to the one that unlocks? Slow but i mean it works. Also pretty tedious

anyone have ideas with picture password https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Password&hl=en

combined with uccw and widget locker

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    anyone have ideas with picture password https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Password&hl=en

combined with uccw and widget locker
    not sure how you would implement uccw into it but by what i see, it is gesture unlock, not an actual pressing numbers. But i mean i guess he could gesture the passcodes.

not sure how you would implement uccw into it but by what i see, it is gesture unlock, not an actual pressing numbers. But i mean i guess he could gesture the passcodes.
    its not just gesture unlock. you can just touch on multiple places in picture to unlock.

can be touched at the numbers at the clock.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    its not just gesture unlock. you can just touch on multiple places in picture to unlock.

can be touched at the numbers at the clock.
    oh, then i guess it'll work. It doesn't say much in the description.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

well i mean you can have a hotspot on the uccw that will open another widget locker and then you keep pressing the hotspot until you get to the one that unlocks? Slow but i mean it works. Also pretty tedious
    I have no idea what you are trying to say

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have no idea what you are trying to say

you put a uccw widget down and then put a hotspot where the first passcode is that opens up another lockscreen(...?) and then you continue that until you get to the last lock screen where you press the right number and it unlocks the phone. Who knows

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

and then put a hotspot where the first passcode is that opens up another lockscreen(...?)
    huh?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

@Bob, I think what Hubert is getting at is that you could have 4 identical lockscreens stacked one on another. To unlock the first one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "1," to unlock the second one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "2," etc.

Clumsy but it might work. I've been too busy so far to try and run with these ideas in any depth.

@Bob, I think what Hubert is getting at is that you could have 4 identical lockscreens stacked one on another. To unlock the first one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "1," to unlock the second one you have to touch the part of the screen that has the "2," etc.

Clumsy but it might work. I've been too busy so far to try and run with these ideas in any depth.
    yeah what he said. I'm pretty bad at explaining, heard that before but I'm just saying. His idea is a lot better though, with that application mentioned up there ^

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah but what I don't understand is how you set up a hotspot to "launch" another lockscreen.

Yeah but what I don't understand is how you set up a hotspot to "launch" another lockscreen.

me neither, i was just spit balling. There probably isn't a way but oh well.
    Thanked by: