Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Skiva MHL mcrio USB to female HDMI adapter not compatible? pls help

good afternoon guys

recently i was ooking fwd to purchase an Slimport SP1002 connector to have a cloned screen through my HDMI cable from the TV. when i was searching in Amazon, i found this very look alike and way cheaper version of the Slimport, called Skiva MHL Micro USB to Female HDMI adapter, so guess what? i purchased it.

the product arrived on time, but unfortunately, it does not work, i have tried different TVs and HDMI cables, but it doesnt work at all, i checked also, that it has 5 pins, and apparently doesnt work with the Galaxy S3 cause it has 11 pin microusb port. the question is,

how many pins does the N4 have? , is there a way i could get this adapter to work with my N4?, do you guys know the reason why it is not working?

here is the Amazon link so can have an idea: Amazon.com: Skiva MHL (Micro USB) to Female HDMI Adapter (1080p Supported) for Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, Infuse 4G, HTC Evo 3D, EVO view 4G, Flyer , Sensation 4G, Epic 4G Touch, Rezound, Vivid, Amaze 4G: Cell Phones & Accessories

i would really appreciate your help guys,

thanks.

Default Re: Skiva MHL mcrio USB to female HDMI adapter not compatible? pls help

Might be totally wrong but it never added support to nexus 4. Its similar to headphones, the volume buttons dont work unless it is supported but i just might be totally off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

MHL is not the same as SlimPort. the N4 does not support MHL, which is why your adapter doesn't work. Sorry - hope you can return it to Amazon.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by gmtom1 View Post
    MHL is not the same as SlimPort. the N4 does not support MHL, which is why your adapter doesn't work. Sorry - hope you can return it to Amazon.
    Got it! Yeh it seems i lost my money lol. Thanks for the reply.