- 5 Posts
Newbie Noob paranoia battery/charger concerns
Hi just got my phone and it's great but a curse at the same time cuz I'm super paranoid when it comes to preserving the battery.
I was wondering why the models differ and if I use a charger that did NOT come with my phone (I used a charger that my friend got with their nexus 4 phone) will it damage it? I'm just worried cuz it took a while to reach 100% when I used my friend's charger. My model is mcs-01wd and my friend's is mcs-01wr. The specs are the same. The user guide says "only use the travel adapter that came with your phone or else a different one may damage it" can someone ease my worries? Lol. Thanks!
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
- 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM #2
- 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM #3
- 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM #5
Re: Newbie Noob paranoia battery/charger concerns
different power adapters draw different amounts of power depending on the model of the adapter. The phone, however, will never draw more power than it can handle from a power adapter. The kernel limits that. that being said, I have heard that comsistently using power adapters that charge at 2 amps isn't good for batteries in devices that charge quickly at or around 1 amp.
- By emaster101 in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
- By Jordus in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 16Last Post: 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
- By Devobail in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 05-22-2010, 07:45 PM
- By mr.s4ndm4n in forum Incredible AccessoriesReplies: 11Last Post: 05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
- By jb4kats in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 9Last Post: 03-10-2010, 11:23 AM