Nexus 4: YouMail problems

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So I previously had YouMail on my nexus 4 8 gb and it worked perfectly. Now since I got my 16gb nexus 4 it doesn't seem to work. When someone calls me they get a message saying that they cant leave a message. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: YouMail problems

I dont know how youmail works but youmail should have a voicemal number you have to configure.

open phone icon-->Menu-->Settings-->Call forwarding-->
edit the three number you see to youmail number (Confirmed to work with google voice number. I had the same issue).

or

open phone icon-->Menu-->Settings-->voicemail-->service-->and select youmail

and then click setup if you want to setup

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

How did you get Youmail working? I had it on my previous phone when I was with Sprint, but couldn't get it to work with Straight Talk. I had to switch to Google Voice.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

According to T-Mobile, third party voicemail services don't work on Monthly 4g. I got my MyTouch 4G on 'FlexPay' and visual voicemail worked then. Later, after getting a bunch of messages from T-Mo saying that FlexPay was being phased out and I had to switch to Monthly 4g, the voicemail system operated like my old T-Mo Nokia candybar phones. I soon tried to use the Youmail app, but never got it to work. Youmail says that it may not work with some pre-paid plans, which may be how they see StraightTalk on the network.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

I'm on T-Mobile. I'm on a value plan. Its just weird cause it worked good until i got my new nexus 4 a few weeks ago but i just went back to T-Mobile voicemail. i just saw that they have visual voicemail so i'm going to try that out for awhile and see how it works.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm on T-Mobile. I'm on a value plan. Its just weird cause it worked good until i got my new nexus 4 a few weeks ago but i just went back to T-Mobile voicemail. i just saw that they have visual voicemail so i'm going to try that out for awhile and see how it works.
If visual voicemail works on your T-Mo account, then I would think Youmail should work as well.

daniel2744

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

If visual voicemail works on your T-Mo account, then I would think Youmail should work as well.

It did work on my T-Mobile account with my old nexus 4. it just happens that with my new nexus 4 it doesn't work and i followed all the same steps i did the first day. just weird idk

dtele

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Click on the "phone" icon click the 3 small squares click on settings scroll down to Call fowarding, I entered Foward when Busy +13478966996, the same for Foward when unanswered, and the same for Foward when unreachable. I am on at&t , but the set up should be the same.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Click on the "phone" icon click the 3 small squares click on settings scroll down to Call fowarding, I entered Foward when Busy +13478966996, the same for Foward when unanswered, and the same for Foward when unreachable. I am on at&t , but the set up should be the same.

I had tried to set it up and it would always get an error when trying to send the code from the dialer. I manually entered the numbers above and they worked! I am also on ATT.
Now I am using you mail and have VVM on my Nexus 4.

Focht3

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I set up Youmail on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2, and had lots of problems. I eventually removed Youmail, and my phone began working properly. Is Youmail compatible with Android 4.4.2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol