Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Nexus 4: YouMail problems

So I previously had YouMail on my nexus 4 8 gb and it worked perfectly. Now since I got my 16gb nexus 4 it doesn't seem to work. When someone calls me they get a message saying that they cant leave a message. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: YouMail problems

I dont know how youmail works but youmail should have a voicemal number you have to configure.

open phone icon-->Menu-->Settings-->Call forwarding-->
    edit the three number you see to youmail number (Confirmed to work with google voice number. I had the same issue).

or

open phone icon-->Menu-->Settings-->voicemail-->service-->and select youmail

and then click setup if you want to setup

How did you get Youmail working? I had it on my previous phone when I was with Sprint, but couldn't get it to work with Straight Talk. I had to switch to Google Voice.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by daniel2744 View Post
    So I previously had YouMail on my nexus 4 8 gb and it worked perfectly. Now since I got my 16gb nexus 4 it doesn't seem to work. When someone calls me they get a message saying that they cant leave a message. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Which carrier are you on? We've noticed some weirdness with Verizon, where our users have to manually enter the conditional call forwarding code for each condition (3 separate codes vs just one all encompassing one).

You're also welcome to Private Message us on our Facebook page with your account phone number, and we can dig a bit deeper and do test calls if necessary.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (rooted-ish)

According to T-Mobile, third party voicemail services don't work on Monthly 4g. I got my MyTouch 4G on 'FlexPay' and visual voicemail worked then. Later, after getting a bunch of messages from T-Mo saying that FlexPay was being phased out and I had to switch to Monthly 4g, the voicemail system operated like my old T-Mo Nokia candybar phones. I soon tried to use the Youmail app, but never got it to work. Youmail says that it may not work with some pre-paid plans, which may be how they see StraightTalk on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by YaSo View Post
    According to T-Mobile, third party voicemail services don't work on Monthly 4g. I got my MyTouch 4G on 'FlexPay' and visual voicemail worked then. Later, after getting a bunch of messages from T-Mo saying that FlexPay was being phased out and I had to switch to Monthly 4g, the voicemail system operated like my old T-Mo Nokia candybar phones. I soon tried to use the Youmail app, but never got it to work. Youmail says that it may not work with some pre-paid plans, which may be how they see StraightTalk on the network.
    Most prepaid carriers don't offer the Conditional Call Forwarding feature. Since we're primarily a voicemail replacement solution, we don't need to completely take over the call experience as Google Voice does. However, more and more prepaid carriers are starting to offer this feature. Our current recommended prepaid provider is Red Pocket Mobile. Check'em out!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I'm on T-Mobile. I'm on a value plan. Its just weird cause it worked good until i got my new nexus 4 a few weeks ago but i just went back to T-Mobile voicemail. i just saw that they have visual voicemail so i'm going to try that out for awhile and see how it works.

I'm on T-Mobile. I'm on a value plan. Its just weird cause it worked good until i got my new nexus 4 a few weeks ago but i just went back to T-Mobile voicemail. i just saw that they have visual voicemail so i'm going to try that out for awhile and see how it works.
    With the new phone, did you re-do the conditional call forwarding, as well as use the Test Call button for troubleshooting?

I'm here (and so is our support team on Facebook) if you decide to give us another go!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (rooted-ish)

If visual voicemail works on your T-Mo account, then I would think Youmail should work as well.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by YaSo View Post
    If visual voicemail works on your T-Mo account, then I would think Youmail should work as well.
    It did work on my T-Mobile account with my old nexus 4. it just happens that with my new nexus 4 it doesn't work and i followed all the same steps i did the first day. just weird idk

Click on the "phone" icon click the 3 small squares click on settings scroll down to Call fowarding, I entered Foward when Busy +13478966996, the same for Foward when unanswered, and the same for Foward when unreachable. I am on at&t , but the set up should be the same.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dtele View Post
    Click on the "phone" icon click the 3 small squares click on settings scroll down to Call fowarding, I entered Foward when Busy +13478966996, the same for Foward when unanswered, and the same for Foward when unreachable. I am on at&t , but the set up should be the same.
    I had tried to set it up and it would always get an error when trying to send the code from the dialer. I manually entered the numbers above and they worked! I am also on ATT.
    Now I am using you mail and have VVM on my Nexus 4.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I set up Youmail on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2, and had lots of problems. I eventually removed Youmail, and my phone began working properly. Is Youmail compatible with Android 4.4.2?