Google Play site updated to Temporarily Out of Stock

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Google has updated their site from OUT OF STOCK in red letters, to TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK in black letters. For a second, I thought it was back in stock because I am used to seeing the red lettering.

Could it be.... soon (soon, as in a normal human's definition of soon, as opposed to Google's definition)?

TypoCorrecto

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Google has updated their site from OUT OF STOCK in red letters, to TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK in black letters. For a second, I thought it was back in stock because I am used to seeing the red lettering.

Could it be.... soon (soon, as in a normal human's definition of soon, as opposed to Google's definition)?

It is exciting...but then again it may just be PR. "Temporarily Out of Stock" looks and sounds a lot better than "Sold Out". I think all the Play Store items that were out of stock now say "Temporarily Out of Stock" which raised my PR motive suspicions...

wvcadle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
From someone with what's equivalent to a Droid X, I am in need of an upgrade. My current phone sometimes takes 30-60 seconds to connect a call after I hit send.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I see that I'm not the only person watching it like a hawk! My Page Monitor extension was going crazy there for a few minutes.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
lmao. I have been stalking google play store like crazy for the past 20-30 days.

F5...F5...F5..................F5.........F5!!!!!

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site

I had the same double take today. Credit card is ready to go whenever they're back in stock!

Qbancelli

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This is the tweet:
RT @droid_life: Little birdie just told us that the Nexus 4 will return to the Google Play store at 9AM Pacific tomorrow.

axiopo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm Andy, (smadger on XDA)

After the first batch of Nexus 4s went missing I created the "Where's my Nexus 4 - Register your Complaint" site to get Google's attention, it appeared to work and opened up a dialogue with us.

We promised we would track their progress and now mkII of the site is up and running. It has nothing to do with Google, but should allow us to track the new orders, and provide a unified voice if there are problems.

If you manage to place an order for a new Nexus 4 device, please think about signing up - axi' | crowd powered information

If you have any questions, get in touch through the site.

Thanks

Andy