1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How good is the nexus 4s battery?

I'm gonna be coming from a iPhone 5 and I wonder how the nexus 4's battery stacks up to that. Is it about the same? Worse?

Also, is there any recommended cases for the nexus 4? I don't think any stores sell any and the only thing the google play store has is the bumper case. I want a actual quality case.

Default Re: How good is the nexus 4s battery?

Amazon for the cases or ebay. Looking forward to seeing the battery life on the Nexus 4. I know it will not be as long as my Note 2 but I have heard such differing accounts I an looking forward to seeing for myself.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

IPhone batteries generally last longer than Android batteries, it's one of the small tradeoffs for having such enormous control over the whole system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I get pretty good battery life with moderate use... about 10-14 hours. Pretty much any android device needs to be charged every night so that you can use it all day the next day. As for cases, the S-line TPU case does the trick for me... its about $5, fits pretty well and provides protection against most drops and pockets (no cracks or scratches for me yet, knock on wood).

My nexus 4 retains charge well while it's in standby mode. When I actually use it, be it for reading or browsing web pages, I usually get 8 - 9 hours out of it. When playing games or going on a youtube binge, it lasts about 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    IPhone batteries generally last longer than Android batteries, it's one of the small tradeoffs for having such enormous control over the whole system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    not entirely true. my ipnone friend always complain about battery drain from 100% to 0% in 14 hours. same with few of my other other friends.

I get 2 days standby time with ~2.5 hrs screen and ~30 minutes talk time
    Last edited by still1; 01-29-2013 at 10:10 AM.

when it comes to smartphones, any smartphone, it is very much a case of YMMV. I find that on a day of moderate use on a phone of any platform (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone), battery life will be roughly the same now.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I usually plug my phone in every night before I go to bed anyway, so maybe it won't be a big deal. I was just curious if the battery on the nexus 4 was atleast good enough for the whole day. I remember back in the day I actually had a HTC Inspire, and it's battery life was pathetic. That's when I traded it in for a iPhone 4.

battery doesnt really impress me. i get about a days worth of use. was thinking on par but lately maybe my iphone 4s was a little better.