Bumper & phone are back in stock on US Play Store!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the point of the bumper for this phone? It's not like there is signal problems like the iPhone had. That's why they made that bumper. So why make one for the nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

I must be missing this too. I realize that it raises the bumper edge so the screen and back do not touch the surface when laying flat but if you are going to do that, why not a case? I have seen enough back screen broken threads to prompt me to buy a seidio surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the point of the bumper for this phone? It's not like there is signal problems like the iPhone had. That's why they made that bumper. So why make one for the nexus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

The bumpers provide extra grip as well.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering it. Would be $25 less monthly. Just not quite sure about tmobile in my area.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

It wouldn't hurt to buy the N4, try it out with t-mobile prepaid for a month while keeping your Verizon line open, and then decide whether or not to keep it. If you don't like T-Mobile's service (or AT&T's for that matter), then just re-sell the N4 to get most of your money back. That's my plan, anyway since I'm kind of in the same boat although I bought my Droid DNA when it was first released (off-contract). Of course you probably wouldn't be able to return your DNA after a month if you decide on the N4. There's always selling it on ebay, but it'll probably sell at a loss.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
got an order in...all that matters. also i didnt login until like 12:30...site wasnt slow at all. everything was smooth as butter. thats nice to see...i was worried it might be sluggish, worse yet a disaster like 2 months ago with all sorts of problems.

looks like google might have sorted their issues out

Most everyone that wanted one got it. There is just a small percentage at this point of users that dont have the nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I placed my order yesterday as soon as I found out it was available again. Was able to do it without problems. I still have to wait until March to activate it in T-Mobile but at least I'll have it. Does anyone know if it is possible to set up the phone using WiFi? It'd be great to get all my apps and stuff installed so it is ready to go when I go to T-Mobile. Just stick the SIM card in and go. :)

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I placed my order yesterday as soon as I found out it was available again. Was able to do it without problems. I still have to wait until March to activate it in T-Mobile but at least I'll have it. Does anyone know if it is possible to set up the phone using WiFi? It'd be great to get all my apps and stuff installed so it is ready to go when I go to T-Mobile. Just stick the SIM card in and go. :)

i have no idea...but i would imagine you could. i imagine once you fired up the phone your phone would recognize your wifi connection and boom you're good to go....

someone can correct me if i'm wrong

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The nano sim is a non issue for me, I rolled up a small piece of scotch tape to hold it into the adapter and now have no issue with insert or removal. How would you be using the micro-usb to lightning adapter? I can't seem to think of the use case, charging?

oh never never put the sim adapter into the Nexus 4 empty it will get jammed.

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the bumper late yesterday and an estimate shipping time of one to two weeks was given. However, I got an email today saying it was shipped and should receive it tomorrow. Now I will no longer have to feel paranoid about the phone slipping from my hand or off a smooth surface.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't hurt to buy the N4, try it out with t-mobile prepaid for a month while keeping your Verizon line open, and then decide whether or not to keep it. If you don't like T-Mobile's service (or AT&T's for that matter), then just re-sell the N4 to get most of your money back. That's my plan, anyway since I'm kind of in the same boat although I bought my Droid DNA when it was first released (off-contract). Of course you probably wouldn't be able to return your DNA after a month if you decide on the N4. There's always selling it on ebay, but it'll probably sell at a loss.

That's a thought. Could sell my iPhone 5 the DNA replaced and use those funds to try out a nexus.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered mine. I'm a bit apprehensive about going the prepaid route, but I've only ever been in contract. If the prepaid coverage gives me any problems, I can always do a tmobile value plan and get access to their full network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance