OS draining battery

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody help me, tell me what settings I can change to help with the battery drain. I've tried everything I know. Never had this problem with my Vivid.

uploadfromtaptalk1359562190786.jpg

Sent from my badass Nexus 4

mike37918

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Seems like something different drains my battery every day. If one app seems to be draining excessively try rebooting the phone. Most of the time I think that the native battery monitor is unreliable.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't say a whole lot outside of you've lost about a third of your battery over 5.5 hours, and you tend to make voice calls. How long have your calls been? How many? What's your cell signal strength like? This may very well be perfectly normal battery drain for your pattern of use.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you gone through all the default Google services/apps and fired them up/signed in at least once? Apparently some of them will run constantly in the background looking for a sync until you do. By default Google services, I'm talking Maps, G+, the Play Store, and other things that come with stock Android.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You've had your phone on for five and a half hours and still have 67% charge, that's just about right.

All that report tells you is the relative amount of battery each process has used. It's always going to add up to 100%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just thought the OS using that much was a little high. Maybe its normal, and I'll have to live with it. :)

Sent from my badass Nexus 4