Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Question about SIM cards

    I just ordered my Nexus 4, can't wait for it to get here. Will I be able to use the existing SIM card in my One S or will I need to go to Tmobile to get a new card? I'm new to this GSM life.

    Sent from my HTC One S
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrkman View Post
    I just ordered my Nexus 4, can't wait for it to get here. Will I be able to use the existing SIM card in my One S or will I need to go to Tmobile to get a new card? I'm new to this GSM life.

    Sent from my HTC One S
    You can use your existing SIM card. Pop it out of the One S and then put it I to your N4. You may have to add or modify the APN settings for t mobile. I had to enter them for ATT.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
  3. #3  

    Default Question about SIM cards

    If its a micro sim it should work in it


    Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    You can use your existing SIM card. Pop it out of the One S and then put it I to your N4. You may have to add or modify the APN settings for t mobile. I had to enter them for ATT.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

    Last question. Once I move over the SIM card and check the APN I should have a working phone on my TMobile service correct? Is there anything else I need to do?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    it'll work just fine.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrkman View Post
    Last question. Once I move over the SIM card and check the APN I should have a working phone on my TMobile service correct? Is there anything else I need to do?
    It will work but you may need to optimize your apn settings. Not sure about t mobile but you can google it and find itbqukte easily.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    Thank you everyone.

    Sent from my HTC One S
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Question about SIM cards

    I went from a One S to a Nexus 4 as well. Didn't have to change anything. I just put the sim in and it worked fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Question about sim card
    By steveh552 in forum Sprint Photon
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-03-2013, 03:26 PM
  2. Nexus 4 question about SIM card
    By Lochtide in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM
  3. A question about SIM cards...
    By nbieter in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
  4. Question about sim card.
    By mindlesstux in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 09:43 PM
  5. Question about SD card
    By CZ Eddie in forum Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 03:49 AM

Posting Permissions