Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about SIM cards

I just ordered my Nexus 4, can't wait for it to get here. Will I be able to use the existing SIM card in my One S or will I need to go to Tmobile to get a new card? I'm new to this GSM life.

Sent from my HTC One S

Default Re: Question about SIM cards

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkman View Post
    I just ordered my Nexus 4, can't wait for it to get here. Will I be able to use the existing SIM card in my One S or will I need to go to Tmobile to get a new card? I'm new to this GSM life.

Sent from my HTC One S
    You can use your existing SIM card. Pop it out of the One S and then put it I to your N4. You may have to add or modify the APN settings for t mobile. I had to enter them for ATT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8

Default Question about SIM cards

If its a micro sim it should work in it

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    You can use your existing SIM card. Pop it out of the One S and then put it I to your N4. You may have to add or modify the APN settings for t mobile. I had to enter them for ATT.

Last question. Once I move over the SIM card and check the APN I should have a working phone on my TMobile service correct? Is there anything else I need to do?

it'll work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrkman View Post
    Last question. Once I move over the SIM card and check the APN I should have a working phone on my TMobile service correct? Is there anything else I need to do?
    It will work but you may need to optimize your apn settings. Not sure about t mobile but you can google it and find itbqukte easily.

Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thank you everyone.

Sent from my HTC One S

I went from a One S to a Nexus 4 as well. Didn't have to change anything. I just put the sim in and it worked fine.